Learn the three parts of a mystery and where to include what and when. Steve will show you how to outline and use free writing techniques to craft a winning mystery short.
- Basic and Premium Members Prices:
- Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35
*** Redeem $5 discount by registering before April 16th with the code, CRAFTMYSTERYSHROTT
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts:
- Writer's Life
- What makes a good mystery, and how to be an idea machine.
- How to craft openings that hook your reader, and twist endings that shock them at the end.
- Writing intriguing detectives, criminals and other villains/heroes.
- Using ‘jumps’ to keep readers turning pages.
- Secrets of creating clues and red hearings.
- Using templates to help us create plots.
- Giving your story ‘touches’ that help it sell.
- Learning from top mystery writers.
- The rules of submitting short stories.
- Where to send your stories.
- Instructor Posts on SavvyBlog:
- Steve Shrott’s short stories have appeared in numerous print publications including Sherlock Holmes Mystery Magazine, and Flame Tree Publishing’s hard cover Mystery and Crime compilation. His work has appeared in twelve anthologies—several produced by Sisters in Crime. Steve’s most recent story, The Writer, will appear in their upcoming anthology, entitled, Fish out of Water. He has had two humorous mystery novels published, Audition For Death, and Dead Men Don’t Get Married.
Register at least 1 week before the class starts and receive $5 off the class! Check each class for details. Problem with a coupon? Contact us And we'll fix you right up!Dismiss Notice
Join us for FREE at the Basic Membership level or upgrade to a Premium Member! Not sure? check out our Premium Member Benefits!!Dismiss Notice
Craft How to craft your mystery short story with Steve Shrott
Learn how to weave mystery through your short story