Your story largely takes place in a series of scenes. Each scene is a story within a story that moves the plot ahead in some way. In this course we will look at how to create effective scenes. We will also explore considerations for different types of scenes you might encounter.
- New this year at SavvyAuthors!:
- Basic and Premium Members Prices:
- Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35
*Register by May 14 and save $5, use code SCENEMAIN at checkout!**
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts:
- Topics Include:
· What is (and is not) a scene?
· How scenes function within a story
· The Elements of a Scene
· The basic structure of a scene
· Conflict: The fuel that powers a scene
· Types of scenes
· Entrances and Exits
Homework assignments will be given. You will receive a professional critique of your homework.
Register at least 1 week before the class starts and receive $5 off the class! Check each class for details. Problem with a coupon? Contact us And we'll fix you right up!Dismiss Notice
Join us for FREE at the Basic Membership level or upgrade to a Premium Member! Not sure? check out our Premium Member Benefits!!Dismiss Notice
New for 2018 Novel Writing 101: Making a scene. The Basic Building Blocks of a Story with Terri Main
Learn the basics of creating AMAZING and PAGE TURNING scenes!