One of the critical aspects of writing is creating three-dimensional, believable characters. Many times, though, writers are careful about hair color, height, weight, clothing, tone of voice, and many other external aspects of a character, but find it more difficult to deal with the inner person.
- New this year at SavvyAuthors!:
- Basic and Premium Members Prices:
- Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35
**Register by August 14 and save $5, use code JOHARI at checkout!**
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts:
Almost 60 years ago, Joesph Luft and Harrison Ingham created a model called "The Johari" window. It was intended to be used as a tool for studying the psychology of interactions, but it is also a great way to approach developing well-rounded characters.
In this course, we will look at the four "selves" of the Johari window and apply it to character development. Over the period of this course, you will create a character grid for at least two characters either for a work in progress or a planned work.
Growing Characters from the Inside Out
- The Open Self - Those things known both to the person and others
- The Blind Self - Those things others know or observe that the character is oblivious to
- The Hidden Self - Those things the character knows that others do not
- The Unknown Self - Those things unknown to both the character and others with whom that character interacts.
Register at least 1 week before the class starts and receive $5 off the class! Check each class for details. Problem with a coupon? Contact us And we'll fix you right up!Dismiss Notice
Join us for FREE at the Basic Membership level or upgrade to a Premium Member! Not sure? check out our Premium Member Benefits!!Dismiss Notice
New Peering Through Johari's Window at your Characters with Terri Main
Grow your characters from the inside out!