The rise of the indie author is the story of the decade in publishing. But if you decide to take the leap into self-publishing, it’s absolutely vital that you present a quality product. This means serious editing and proofreading.
- New this year at SavvyAuthors!:
- Basic and Premium Members Prices:
- Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40
**Register by November 20 and save $5, use code SELFEDITKNIGHTS at checkout!**
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts:
- Indie Publishing
- Writer's Life
This workshop will give you tools and tricks to streamline your editing process so your manuscript is as clean as it can be before you send it on to a professional editor. We’ll talk about big-picture editing all the way down to proofreading. Topics include:
- The big-picture edit. Does your story hold together? Are your characters consistent? Is your story arc fulfilling to a reader?
- The clarity edit. Is everything you wrote immediately clear? Will a reader understand what you mean even if they’re reading quickly, for example on a tablet or smartphone?
- The grammar edit. Are your participles dangling? Are you awash with sentence fragments? Some tools to clean up your grammar, addressing some of the most common problems.
- The proofreading edit. Ways to trick your brain into seeing your mistakes, as well as handy-dandy copy/paste approaches to common typos.
After you’ve run your manuscript through these stages, it should be ready for a professional eye to make that last, tidying-up run, so you can produce a high-quality self-published product your readers will love.
Register at least 1 week before the class starts and receive $5 off the class! Check each class for details. Problem with a coupon? Contact us And we'll fix you right up!Dismiss Notice
Join us for FREE at the Basic Membership level or upgrade to a Premium Member! Not sure? check out our Premium Member Benefits!!Dismiss Notice
New Self-Editing for Self-Publishing with author Katriena Knights
Learn to take control of YOUR edits through self editing