Have you ever started a book by a ‘new to you’ author and settled right into the story? You just know you’re going to love it. You’re relaxed and trusting the author from the first page. You're hooked and you know you will be there for awhile.
- Basic and Premium Members Prices:
- Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35
**Register by September 26 and save $5, use code FIRSTPAGESDRAKE at checkout!**
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts:
How do they do that?
You have less than five pages to hook a reader. Probably less, if your reader is an agent. A compelling beginning can adhere readers to your writing and your voice as well as your story.
Sound impossible? It’s not.
Join Laura and bring your first five pages for
There will be lessons, but this will be an interactive course as well. You’ll post your first five pages, and besides getting my feedback, the class will be encouraged to give feedback as well. We’ll work on those first pages until they shine!
- interactive tips on what is great and could be improved in YOUR pages
- feedback from other class participants: Can you hook them?
- Examples of what is "hooky" and what are near misses
- and much more!
The goal is to end the class with a solid beginning to your story, including plenty of reader-glue but we promise no frozen light poles! ;-)
- Syllabus:We'll go over a few lessons but most of this class is focused on reviewing and refining your first 5 pages!
**NOTE: You do need a version of your first 5 pages to get the most out of this class!**
Register at least 1 week before the class starts and receive $5 off the class! Check each class for details. Problem with a coupon? Contact us And we'll fix you right up!Dismiss Notice
Join us for FREE at the Basic Membership level or upgrade to a Premium Member! Not sure? check out our Premium Member Benefits!!Dismiss Notice
Craft Your First Pages: Glue your readers to your story with Laura Drake
You hook your readers in the first 5 pages, how tight are yours?