12 Steps to Intimacy with Terry Odell

Genre-Romance 12 Steps to Intimacy with Terry Odell

New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40

Register by June 22nd and save $5, use code 12STAGESODELL at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Structure
  3. Genre
  4. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
12STAGESODELL
In 1971, anthropologist Desmond Morris published "Intimate Behavior", in which he explored the development of relationships. Some years later, Linda Howard took the twelve steps Morris describe and applied them to the world of romance writing. Ever wonder why sometimes a touch is sexy and sometimes it's a major ick-factor? It's not just who's doing the touching, but when. Join romantic suspense author Terry Odell and explore the way humans are hard-wired for long-term relationships, and how Morris's twelve steps can make the relationships in your books resonate with readers. The workshop will cover each of the twelve steps and show how each can be used to move your hero and heroine along the path to their happily ever after.
Outline
Designed for Romance writers, this class will discuss the 12 steps to Intimacy, first presented by Desmond Morris in 1971 in his book "Intimate Behavior."

Lectures will be posted three times a week, beginning with an introduction and class overview, and then moving through the 12 Steps to Intimacy. No homework will be given, but the instructor will answer questions.
Author
Terry Odell
Start date
Jun 29, 2020 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jul 26, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Jul 1, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

Latest reviews

Terry's explanation of each step and the examples she used made it easy to understand the concept. Terry always gives credit to the authors she uses ideas and examples of. She is always willing to answer all questions and help an author in any way she can. I would recommend her classes to everyone.
Only 4 stars because the class was not interactive. The information was valuable and well presented. I was familiar with the theory of 12 steps. The class helped flesh out how the theory can be used. I have saved all the material and I'm sure I will find it useful.