New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Category
  1. Business
  2. Indie Publishing
  3. Writer's Life
Branding builds name recognition and helps readers understand the value behind what you offer so that they can make an informed buying decision. But if you only have a few seconds to make a lasting impression, how do you encapsulate your brand?

Answer: The Author Tagline.

A tagline is a catchphrase, slogan, or subverted call to action that describes and/or defines your brand. An author tagline tells audiences what you have to offer in a manner that’s easily repeated and defines your expertise without having to explain every detail.

To be clear, a tagline is different from a logline or book blurb—both of which summarize a single work. A tagline is about defining what YOU offer as an author. Think of a great author tagline as a motto or a mission statement that flourishes as your bibliography grows.

This intensive will focus on why every writer needs tagline, what makes a great tagline, and how to create one even if you’re a freelancer or you’ve yet to pen your novel.
Author
ajjohnson
Start date
Sep 10, 2021 at 9:00 AM
End date
Sep 12, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 12, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 15 ratings

More classes from ajjohnson

Latest reviews

Awesome class. Lots of helpful tips and encouragement. Andrea is a very supportive and knowledgeable instructor; someone to definitely have in your corner.
Andrea is a wonderful teacher. She has deep knowledge that she shares freely and with a quick turnaround. On top of the course material she offered individual support and I went from complete ignorance about author taglines to creating one in three days. I highly recommend her courses! Thank you very much, Andrea. It was an absolute pleasure.
Andrea inspired me to look at what I write for the author tag line. I dug into my brain and came up with an idea that wasn't bad and Andrea's suggestion of refining the sentences made it better.
Before the first lesson, I thought it was impossible. I am pleased with the result after the third lesson. Huge thanks Andrea.