7th Annual SavvyAuthors WriterCon

Writing Life 7th Annual SavvyAuthors WriterCon

Join us for workshops, webinars, chats, contests, and online pitch opportunities while you improve your writing skills!

check out the full description on the SavvyWriterCon information pages.
Author
SavvyWriterCon
Start date
Sep 15, 2017 at 9:00 AM
End date
Sep 17, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 17, 2017 at 9:00 AM
Rating
4.21 star(s) 68 ratings

More classes from SavvyWriterCon

Latest reviews

I signed on for 3 classes, but couldn't take one (Branding for Beginners) because of conflicting times/work. Since I still have access to it, I plan to complete it in the next 3 weeks.

The Press Kits class was amazing and covered a lot of territory I'd never thought of. It's already coming handy because my 1st novel is releasing in August! I don't know how many signed up for the class, but I wish there had been a little more interaction with other attendees (which is not something the instructor can control).

I can't recall the title of the 3rd class, but the introductory lesson was full of random "rules of writing" (no adverbs, etc), which are really just style choices. Since that read like a diatribe and had nothing to do with the subject of the class, I was immediately turned off and went no further with it. I'm not up for someone who wants to criticize anyone else's style based on a bunch of made-up "rules".

So: 1 incomplete (3 stars seems only fair)
1 fantastic! (5 stars here)
1 are you kidding me??? (1 star)

Gives an average score of 3 stars.
D
I haven't been able to take part for a few years, but SavvyAuthors never disappoints! Thank you for continuing to provide such amazing classes and events.
I can't rate what I forgot about signing up for. I didn't get to participate because I forgot about it. I didn't want to give any stars but the thing insists. Maybe in the future send out reminders about the event someone signed up for? I have 11,692 emails in my inbox and I work full time from home. If I had received a friendly reminder I might have participated.
So helpful and easy to access. Thanks SavvyAuthors!
Excellent selection of agents and publishers. In depth mini workshops.
I didn't find the website for the webinar very user friendly. The one session I was able to connect with sent some very useful information. Unfortunately, there were several others I had interest in that I couldn't connect with. I hope to be more successful next year. Thank you, Savvy, so much for the conference.
This was my first time participating. While I enjoyed the information in the offered seminars and attended 2 of the live webinars, I enjoy an online conference more when the events are live videos and I don’t have to read lots of material. Still, I found it to be a good conference.
Another great WritersCon! I always look forward to September for this event. This year had a great split between creative/craft and the "business" side of writing, like queries and High Concept.

For me, a big draw is always Lori Wilde's workshops. I'd also hoped to be able to take advantage of the pitching opportunities but didn't make it this years. Next year! That's my goal.

I did miss having games/contests/giveaways this year. I think those are always a fun, quick way for people to show off some of their work and socialize a little more.

Looking forward to next year!

Thanks for another great event.
Dynamite information! The workshops were practical and relevant. The instructors were knowledgeable, helpful and generous with the lessons.
The information offered was wonderful, and helpful even though i have been writing for a number of years
This was my first online experience and the workshops were interesting. The first day, it was difficult to navigate around the website though--it kept kicking me out and I had to log in a bunch of times. I noticed that a lot of topics the moderators posted or a lot of the activities that were on there remained unused. Meaning nobody bothered to do the activities. I know that's not the website's fault, but maybe Savvy authors could make it easier to access and navigate the classes?
SavvyWriterCon
Thanks, Anais! I am sorry you had problems with the site. If you have any specifics you would like to share about what happened. I would love to hear it. We try to learn everything we can about how to make the site better. :)
It was ok. I did like the class about high concept. Also, the pitching was lack luster and following the agents on twitter I saw some of them posting issues about being able to use the interface. So not sure if they were busy or something wasn't working but it appears half didn't even stop in. And it's not about getting a response for me. I like to study what grabs them and see if I can tweak my own pitching. But agents who had 5 pages worth of pitches didn't even like one thing (nor mention anything on twitter) so almost feels like they didnt even stop in.
SavvyWriterCon
Hi Tanya. Glad you liked the classes. :) About the pitches, the agents and editors sometimes post in the comments for requests or clarifications and sometimes wait until all the pitches are in. We will publish all the requests in the SavvyAuthors Weekly News on Oct1 and also on the blog. Hope this helps!
I have never participated at Savvy authors. Calm and participated in the ditch fast and had four requests for materials for manuscripts so I'm thrilled I wouldn't change anything maybe and more agents and editors other than that I'm quite thrilled with what happened thank you for having pitchfest
I really enjoyed the conference. I only had time to take 4 of the classes. There was so much information, like a 2-week class in 3 days. It was fun to check my email every few hours and find a few more lessons. There was a great assortment of topics. You did a great job.
The generosity of the instructors is amazing. The information and feedback is helpful to everyone who reads it. Just too short.Can you add one more day?
I had a hard time finding the schedule and when I did it was too small to see. None of the workshops that I saw were of interest or help to me.
What a fun conference! I learned a ton from Lori Wilde and Beth Yarnall especially. Thanks for putting this on.
It was awesome! I spent my entire weekend exploring all the great options! Thanks so much for organizing this.
This conference was a great opportunity to workshop some of the most difficult types of writing for a novelist - high concept pitch, one paragraph pitch, queries... I loved how interactive it was. The mentors were really generous and helpful. And the format made it possible for me to participate in the midst of a busy weekend of work and family obligations. I CAN'T believe it was free!
It's great to have the opportunity to learn so much and pitch to these great agents for free!