**Register by July 3 and save $5, use code BLOGAUTHOR at checkout!**
Category
  1. Business
  2. Indie Publishing
  3. Marketing
  4. Writer's Life
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
BLOGAUTHOR
Many writers hear that they should start blogging to build their platform, help them get published, or sell more books. But is blogging right for you and your career? If so, what should you blog about? And perhaps most importantly, how can you do it effectively and without wasting important time you could spend on writing your next novel?
This 4-week course walks you through exactly how to set up your author blog and how it can make a difference to the growth of your readership. You'll learn the secrets of creating great content and how online writing is different from print-based writing, as well as how to make sure your posts are SEO-friendly (optimized for search engines).
TEXTBOOK
This course will also cover the technical aspects of setting up a blog and how-to tutorials will be offered.
Syllabus
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
  • Writers who are curious about blogging and wonder if they should start
  • Writers who have a blog, but don't feel like they're getting anything out of it
  • Writers who have blogged in the past, and want to return to it in a more meaningful way
  • Writers who want to build their platform
  • Writers who have a book coming out in the next year
  • Writers who are thinking of blogging to get a book deal
  • Writers who want to improve their online writing skills

HOW IS THE COURSE STRUCTURED?
We will be covering 3 chapters per week from the book over the course of 4 weeks. Each week will have the following schedule:
Monday: Lecture Material will be given in video format + an assignment to practice what you've learned
Thursday [2 sessions]: I'll answer any questions that come up during a live Q&A session during week 2 + week 4

FAQs

WILL IT WORK FOR ME?
Of course! Not only have I used it and demonstrated its success, I have also helped others do the same and want to help you, too.

We all have different writing goals and sub-genres but at a basic level we are all the same, we want to sell more books and connect with + engage our readers. It's time to take your author business to the next level with a professional blog.

One caveat ....I can't want it more than you do...or do the work...it only works if you put in the time and effort and do the work!!!

HOW FAST WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Well it all depends on you, you can go as fast as you want.

Just like with bestseller book ideas, they won’t go anywhere if they stay in your head and never make it to the page. The same goes for your blog. You can put together a great list of blog post ideas and a complete content calendar for 2017 but if you don’t actually write the posts and publish them, then you most definitely will not see any results.

If you’re willing to be fully committed and to follow the exact steps, throughout this course, you’ll start seeing your online presence, SEO discoverability and reader engagement start to change before you even finish the course. Plus you will have the tools and resources to continue to attract new readers for the rest of your career.

I’M ALREADY STRESSED AND OVERWHELMED. HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK DO I NEED TO DEDICATE TO BLOGGING TO SUCCEED?
That’s totally up to you, I recommend at least 3 hours a week, but I will teach you how to delegate and leverage your time to get more done and leave more time for writing. Obviously, the more you put in the more you will get out of it, but everything we do is about building your author brand and gaining more readers, so it's all worthwhile, and you'll be working smarter not harder.

I’M SO EXCITED TO GET STARTED. DO I GET ACCESS TO ALL OF THE TRAINING WHEN I SIGN UP?
The content will be sent out weekly. You will get instant access to Week 1 materials when the class kicks off July 10 on Savvy.

WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE IT TO A LIVE Q&A? WILL YOU RECORD THEM?
Yes I will record everything! If you haven’t noticed, I LOVE video. I even have a book on it: Vlogging for Authors. But it’s better to attend live if you can since I’ll be answering your questions and doing screenshares but you have the option of sending your questions ahead of time to get them answered in the live Q&A calls

HOW MUCH NOTICE WILL WE GET for the LIVE Q&A calls?

Week 2 will actually be a LIVE Q&A on Thursday July 20 @ 10 AM EST where I’ll answer any questions about material from Weeks 1 & 2. Plus there will be another call on during Week 4 on Thursday August 3, 2017 @ 10AM EST to answer any questions you have about Material from any part of the course, blogging in general, wordpress or anything else, at all.

WHAT IF I NEED TECHNICAL HELP OR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES? DO YOU HAVE RESOURCES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS YOU CAN RECOMMEND FOR ME TO INSTALL MY BLOG OR HELP WITH MAINTENANCE?
Yes, I have tons of resources, tools and other recommendations that will help you succeed. Also you get access to my training library for additional help. I am also available for 1:1 coaching and intensives after the course, if necessary too.

HOW WILL YOU DELIVER THE COURSE MATERIALS?
You’ll get an email from Savvy with instructions on how to access the class forum. You will gain instant access to Week 1 materials as soon as you log in on July 10, 2017.

VIDEOS Each week, I will deliver the material in a video-based course, similar to the promo video that advertised this course to you. You can download the videos to your computer, smartphone or tablet device and use them anywhere you want. And you will have the replays of the live Q&A calls to listen to over again.

New videos will be posted Sunday night of each new week of the course.

WORKSHEETS & GUIDES I will also have PDF downloads of worksheets + guides to help you in the course. Want to see an example of one of my digital downloads? Then check out my FREE Indie Author’s Guide to Creating a Publishing Schedule at Indie Author's Guide to Publishing Schedule
Author
Lisa Latte
Start date
Jul 10, 2017 at 9:00 AM
End date
Aug 6, 2017 at 2:00 PM
Registration end date
Jul 12, 2017 at 3:00 PM
Rating
3.50 star(s) 8 ratings

More classes from Lisa Latte