Crafting a Page Turner with Steve Shrott

Pacing-Tension Crafting a Page Turner with Steve Shrott

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 Basic Members $35

Register by May 31st and save $5, use code PAGETURNERSHROTT2021 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Structure
  3. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
PAGETURNERSHROTT2021
Writing a book is a hard work, but writing a page-turner is even harder. Steve will teach the secrets that authors who write thrillers use to grab the reader from the opening sentence until the end. This workshop will show you,
  1. How to grab your reader from the opening paragraph
  2. The three strategies for a killer opening scene
  3. Learn the four elements of a great hook
In this two week workshop, you’ll learn how to write a novel that hooks the reader from beginning to end.

Some of the subjects we’ll cover are:
- Creating ideas that excite the reader.
- Strategies for making your main character compelling.
- What we can learn from thrillers.
- How movies can help us write books that hook.
- Case studies of top writers whose books are page-turners.
- Why you must structure your novel, and how you can do it, even if you’re a pantser like me.

So, if you want to write a book will keep your reader glued to the page, join us for the fun.
Author
Stevens7_2000-yahoo.ie
Start date
Jun 7, 2021 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jun 20, 2021 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Jun 9, 2021 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.94 star(s) 49 ratings

More classes from Stevens7_2000-yahoo.ie

Latest reviews

Steve Shrott takes the craft of writing to another level. I've taken many courses on writing, but his extra insights and additional twists on the regular information about story structure make this class exceptional. I can now add realistic ways to improve my storylines and cohesive arcs from beginning to end. His focus on the Middle of the story as a pivotal key to propelling the storyline forward (as a contrast to many who suggest the middle is filler and often sags) strengthened my understanding of the various aspects of storytelling. This class has reinvigorated my hunger to tell a story and make it sizzle and sing.
Another excellent class from Steve Shrott. Using case studies to illustrate how various authors hooked the reader initially and kept his/her interest throughout was very helpful as were all the other examples from various genres. Steve's wonderful sense of humor made the learning process fun. And his feedback on assignments was invaluable. I recommend this class to anyone writing a novel. The information provided is helpful for writing short stories as well!