- Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35
*** Redeem $5 discount by registering before April 16th with the code, CRAFTMYSTERYSHROTT
- Editing, Dialog, Structure, Genre, Plotting, Shorts/Novella, Voice, Worldbuilding, Writer's Life
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
Learn the three parts of a mystery and where to include what and when. Steve will show you how to outline and use free writing techniques to craft a winning mystery short.
- What makes a good mystery, and how to be an idea machine.
- How to craft openings that hook your reader, and twist endings that shock them at the end.
- Writing intriguing detectives, criminals and other villains/heroes.
- Using ‘jumps’ to keep readers turning pages.
- Secrets of creating clues and red hearings.
- Using templates to help us create plots.
- Giving your story ‘touches’ that help it sell.
- Learning from top mystery writers.
- The rules of submitting short stories.
- Where to send your stories.
- Instructor Posts on SavvyBlog
Steve Shrott’s short stories have appeared in numerous print publications including Sherlock Holmes Mystery Magazine, and Flame Tree Publishing’s hard cover Mystery and Crime compilation. His work has appeared in twelve anthologies—several produced by Sisters in Crime. Steve’s most recent story, The Writer, will appear in their upcoming anthology, entitled, Fish out of Water. He has had two humorous mystery novels published, Audition For Death, and Dead Men Don’t Get Married.