Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35
Category
  1. Mentoring
  2. Business
  3. Writer's Life
  • [bcolor=transparent]Would you like to share your hard-won knowledge of writing? There's a hunger for good courses on craft, genres, promotion, selling, self-publishing, and specifics on key roles (such as detectives for mysteries) and eras (such as the Regency Period). Whatever can give writers guidance or build their capabilities is in demand, but the information needs to be organized in a way that engages and inspires real learning. This course is designed to help you transform the experiences, tips, and advice you have in your head into an online course you can make available through a host (like our chapter) or on your own.[/bcolor]
    [bcolor=transparent]By the end of the workshop, you should have:[/bcolor]
    [bcolor=transparent]A description of your course that interests your target audience and differentiates it from competition.[/bcolor]
    [bcolor=transparent]An outline for the curriculum that breaks the course into manageable chunks and includes exercises.[/bcolor]
    [bcolor=transparent]Techniques to engage students and encourage interactions.[/bcolor]
    [bcolor=transparent]An author bio and ideas on how to promote your new course.[/bcolor]
Syllabus
[bcolor=transparent]Syllabus:[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Lesson 1 - Introduction and exploration of proposed course.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Lesson 2 – Developing your schedule of lessons: Sensible chunks.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Lesson 3 – Writing up the lessons and exercises.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Lesson 4 - Interactivity and engagement.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Lesson 5 – Finding your audience.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Lesson 6 – Opportunities and close.[/bcolor]
Author
Peter Andrews
Start date
Nov 28, 2016 at 10:19 AM
End date
Dec 11, 2016 at 2:00 PM
Registration end date
Nov 30, 2016 at 10:19 AM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 16 ratings

More classes from Peter Andrews

Latest reviews

This was a difficult class for me because of the specific writing skills it required. Marketing is not my forte, which is the reason I took the class. Peter's lectures were clear, and if I didn't understand something in the homework assignments his follow-up explanations were clear. The exercises helped me to see what might work and might not work in a class on voice I'll be offering at SavvyAuthors. And I have a stronger sense of how to promote draw up a proposal to offer my teaching services elsewhere.