- New this year at SavvyAuthors!
- Basic and Premium Members Prices
*** Register before March 14th with the coupon LEGALPRLIPTON for a $5 discount ***
Webinar starts at 9PM EST - Duration is one hour.
- Business, Writer's Life
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
In the modern publishing world, whether you’re a traditionally published author, an indie, or a hybrid, the fact is you’re going to have to do a lot of your own marketing and PR. This is going to involve working online because it’s the cheapest, easiest, and most effective way to reach your audience. This webinar talks about the kinds of legal issues you may need to consider when marketing your work online, from complying with the new privacy provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation in the EU (if you have EU followers on your mailing lists) to copyright permissions for photographs, quotes, or music you want may want to use on your website. We’ll leave plenty of time for questions at the end.
- Registering a domain name.
- Designing a website/copyright and fair use issues.
- Permissions to use copyrighted images, text, video, audio etc.
- Contracting with web designers.
- Copyright and trademark issues on social media.
- Mailing lists and privacy law.