Making Deep POV Work for You with Margaret Bates

Character Making Deep POV Work for You with Margaret Bates

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40

Register by December 26th and save $5, use code POVBATES2023 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. POV
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
POVBATES2023
Readers love to be immersed in stories. They want the artifices to fall away and to feel as if they truly are the character as they go through a whirlwind romance, fight aliens in space, or attend a magical academy…etc. One of the key steps to creating immersive writing is to master deep point of view.

In this class, we’ll discuss what is a deep point of view, how to spot and weed out filter words and expressions, and how deep point of view can help your readers connect with the emotional journey and character arc for your leads in your novel. If you want to be sure that your fans feel as if they’re living your novel, not just reading through it, then this is the class for you!
Syllabus
This is a four week class that will meet twice a week and will cover the following topics:
  • What is deep pov and how does it differ from other perspectives?
  • First person or third person, the merits and limits of both.
  • Basic steps for deep pov.
  • Using GMC to help deepen POV
  • Looking at lessons from psychology about temperament and personality to help with POV development
  • Differentiating Perspectives from different characters in a work
  • Gender and deep pov
  • How to avoid deep pov pitfalls and mistakes
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Margaret
Start date
Jan 2, 2023 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jan 29, 2023 at 3:50 PM
Registration end date
Jan 4, 2023 at 8:00 PM
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More classes from Margaret

Latest reviews

I recommend this class. The subject is not one of my strong points. The lectures were useful, filled with examples that illustrate the topic. Unfortunately, I didn't participate in the assignments, so foolishly lost my opportunity to obtain valuable feedback. The instructor was kind and gave extra and ample time for classmates to upload assignments and obtain feedback plus more opportunities to ask questions.