Master the Mystery Novel! with USA TODAY Bestselling Author Traci Andrighetti

Genre-Mystery-Crime Master the Mystery Novel! with USA TODAY Bestselling Author Traci Andrighetti

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Member $300 & Basic Member $400

Please email US for payment plan options.
Category
  1. Mentoring
  2. Characters
  3. Description/Setting
  4. Dialogue
  5. Structure
  6. Genre
  7. GMC
  8. Plotting
  9. POV
  10. Voice
  11. Worldbuilding
Want to add mystery to your life? Then write one! USA TODAY Bestselling Author Traci Andrighetti is on the case to help you investigate how whodunits are done.

In her three-month mentoring course, you will develop your plot and cast of characters, outline your manuscript, and write the first act.

During the inquiry, Traci will teach you her super sleuthing tools and tips to add intrigue and heighten the tension. Once we’ve found the body, Traci will provide you with clues to finish your book, identify a publishing path, and query agents and editors. No red herrings!

*** Mentoring includes LOTS of hands-on attention. ***
Syllabus
Week 1: Mystery Subcategories, Setting, Premise, and Titles​
Assignment: Select your mystery subcategory, identify the setting, write the premise, and brainstorm ten titles​
Week 2: The Plot and Subplots​
Assignment: Write a one-page synopsis and name your cast of characters​
Week 3: Point of View, Narrative Voice, and Characters​
Assignment: Select the POV, experiment with your voice, and complete character templates​
Week 4: Investigation, Clues, and Red Herrings​
Assignment: Identify clues and red herrings and match them to your characters​
Week 5: The Three-Act Outline​
Assignment: Write a one-paragraph beginning, middle, and ending​
Week 6: The First Sentence, Scenes, and Chapters​
Assignment: Write a chapter-by-chapter outline​
Week 7: Dialogue, Dialogue Tags, and Body Language​
Assignment: Write Chapter 1​
Week 8: Reflection, Flashback, and Backstory​
Assignment: Write Chapter 2​
Week 9: Suspense, Action, Climax, and Coda​
Assignment: Write Chapter 3​
Week 10: Revising and Polishing​
Assignment: Revise and polish Chapters 1–3​
Week 11: Publishing and Querying​
Assignment: Write a query letter OR an item of your choice​
Week 12: Scheduling, Networking, and Finishing Your Mystery!​
Instructor Posts on SavvyBlog
Check out the reviews from Traci's fall class:

1. Vicky McHenry

This was by far and away the most productive -- and FUN -- writing course I've ever taken! Traci is the perfect mentor -- inspiring, encouraging, funny and so talented! I came to this course with nothing but an idea, and left with a detailed chapter outline for the whole novel. I can't recommend it enough!
    Dec 11, 2017

2. Linda Fletcher

This was SUCH a great class. Traci is a fantastic instructor, who is wonderful about answering every last question and passing on information in her lectures and answers that actually work to make your writing better. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one of her classes, workshops, or mentorship programs to anyone who wants to write a better mystery.
    Dec 11, 2017

3. Robin Facer

Great class for motivation as well as instruction. I'd recommend the class heartily to anyone looking for inspiration, accountability, and practical tips for writing a mystery novel.
    Dec 10, 2017

4. Lisbeth Mizula

I've taken multiple writing classes over the years, but Traci's mentor class took me further in the mental approach towards writing and editing than I've ever been. I'm writing instead of just wishing I was writing.

And I just bought my Christmas gift for myself : 'Edit Your Mystery Novel! with Traci Andrighetti'!
Author
Traci Andrighetti
Start date
Feb 19, 2018 at 9:00 AM
End date
May 6, 2018 at 1:00 PM
Registration end date
Feb 21, 2018 at 1:00 PM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 15 ratings

Latest reviews

This workshop was worth every penny. Traci goes above and beyond, not just teaching how to do an outline/plot for a mystery novel but also helping with brainstorming, characterization, red herrings and more. The weekly chats were extremely beneficial and she creates an atmosphere of comradery where classmates help each other with our stories. I cannot recommend this workshop enough.
Just like to thank Traci for all the hard work she put into Master the Mystery Novel class.
I learned to use Hangouts - after a couple of false starts. I listened to Traci and other mystery writers talk 'writing' and 'marketing' and everything mystery-related. I made new friends with the same interests. And Traci read and commented on my first five chapters.

Try getting that out of any other online class!!!!

My only complaint - 3 months wasn't long enough. I wanted it to go on forever :)

June

www.junewhytebooks.com