- New this year at SavvyAuthors!
- Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40
Register by August 5 and save $5, use code POVVANDERHOOFT at checkout!
- Characters, Editing, Structure, POV, Voice, Worldbuilding
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
Before a writer puts pen to paper--or fingers to keys--they must answer several questions about the story they wish to tell. One of the most important of these is what point of view (POV) they would like to use. But what, exactly, is POV, and how can a writer make it work for them? In this class, editor JoSelle Vanderhooft will walk you through this essential component of storycraft.
- The differences between first person, third person limited, third person omnicient, and second person POV.
- The marketability of each point of view.
- The upsides and downsides of using these points of view.
- The writing tools needed to do each point of view effectively.
- Experimental points of view.