- Basic and Premium Members Prices
- Premium Members $300/Basic Members $400
***Email RJ for payment options***
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
- NO COUPON FOR MENTORING
- Class Length
- 3 Months
As a certified coach with a background in education and over a decade of working with writers, my goal is to offer you an individualized mentoring/coaching program to help guide you through the writing and publishing process. No part of your writing process is too small or too large for us to tackle together.
We will work as a team on the writing goals that you wish to accomplish during the three-month program.
I am as comfortable working with new writers as with those who have multiple publishing credits. I also read and write across multiple genres and have worked with writers who write fantasy, science fiction, mystery, historical fiction, horror, romance, etc.
The direction of the mentoring and coaching is founded on the goals you wish to accomplish. I am flexible, if the needs arises, in changing the mentoring and coaching to suit your needs and wants. You should come willing and able to work on your writing and be prepared for honest feedback.
Your personalized mentoring/coaching program can include, but is not limited to:
- Unlimited access via email for brainstorming, coaching, specific questions and regular check-ins,
- Regular private online chats in the Savvy Authors chatroom, by phone or Skype (schedule and time to be mutually agreed on). NOTE: Most are weekly and from 30-60 minutes.
- Reviews of your notes, outline and draft or revised manuscript with feedback targeted to take you to the next step with your story, tailored to your current goals,
- A writing schedule to complete your draft or edits with prompts to remind you of deadlines and regular check-ins to help keep you on track,
- Mini-lessons, articles, resources and recommended reading as appropriate,
- Includes coaching on the pitch and the synopsis,
- Discuss and brainstorm path options for your writing career.
Enrollment is limited to five (5) students so I can give the attention needed to each writer.
- Class Format
- Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.
The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.