NaNo Writing Camp

Special Event NaNo Writing Camp

Level
Beginning
Basic and Premium Members Prices
FREE for Premium Members / $40 for Basic Members
Category
  1. Bootcamp
Are you a procrastinator in need of motivation?

Hate writing alone? If having Drill Sergeants screaming in your inbox sounds like fun, you are in the right place!

Your NaNo BootCamp 2016 Mission: 50,000 words.
Other events or classes in this series
Syllabus
We'll break you into teams of no more than ten recruits, together you will have your own section of the Savvy Authors website to use for brainstorming, inspiration, encouragement, and virtual crying.

To keep your team motivated, we'll host writing sprints in the Savvy Chatroom.

BootCamp is all about writing that new first draft. You write DAILY and you report back to your team on words written. Your group totals will be calculated at the end of BootCamp and the team with the most points will win a workshop credit for each member who completes the month.

Remember... there's no whining in Boot Camp!
Author
Riley Darkes
Start date
Nov 1, 2016 at 1:00 AM
End date
Nov 30, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Registration end date
Nov 2, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Rating
4.38 star(s) 26 ratings

More classes from Riley Darkes

Latest reviews

I always like participating in Savvy Events even when I don't feel like I'll 'win' an event because of the companionship. I get to catch up with old friends and make new ones. Writing is a fairly solitary career and it is nice to meet with others and learn how they are dealing with issues that crop up or their processes for writing. As usual, the Admins did a good job of keeping up with everything and handling issues, however, it was pretty low key and I'd hoped there would be more interaction from the Savvy side (I know this is probably caused by a lack of volunteers) but good job overall.
The daily prompts, sprints and teams help me with NaNo more than anything else.
It was good. A little confusing at first getting the groups organized, but once that was done everything seemed to run fine.
This is my 3rd year doing boot camp. Love the friendship and encouragement. Joan
Hopefully 5 is the highest rating. I LOVE NaNo writing camp! I think this is for NaNo boot camp, which I do every year. But if it is a review for the pre-plotting for NaNo, then I found that very helpful as well.
Best part of boot camp are the daily challenges. Every year I find something extremely useful that helps me get to know my characters.
Savvy Authors is a great organization! Keep up the great work.
The boot camp is an excellent motivation for completing Nano. I love the community, the various offerings (sprints), and the involvement of the moderators. I like being able to participate via lurking or jumping in. Either way, having this structure in place is what matters. Accountability is key for me in Nano (or any undertaking), and I appreciate what is offered here. Thanks so much!
I love the teams, but I enjoy cross connections between teams. It enhances the camaraderie. So more interaction opportunities to connect is preferred. The encouragement threads in some of the other teams were awesome--I happened to cross over to read them. So, it would be beneficial to all to have a common encouragement thread to share the wealth for everyone. I suspect they would have enjoyed ours as well.
In the past, we had brainstorming chats that were incredible. Two particular ones resolved issues in my plotline that made a huge difference and neither of the two people who made the suggestions were in my genre, so the cross genre input was fantastic in the past. There wasn't really an opportunity for that here. But for the most part it was fantastic. I loved our team and members. We had an awesome captain and great participation. Hard writers and people who were inspirational despite challenges. I thought it was great.