Promise of the Premise with Peter Andrews

Plot-Structure-GMC Promise of the Premise with Peter Andrews

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $35 Basic Members $45

Register by February 28th and save $5, use code PROMISEANDREWS2022 at checkout!
Category
  1. Structure
  2. GMC
  3. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
PROMISEANDREWS2022
Class Length
3 Weeks
What’s your story about? When people ask this question, they are interested in the concept behind it, the idea that makes it intriguing. They want an answer that raises questions and suggests possibilities. As a writer, you want these things, too. After all, if your story’s a novel, you’ll need to carry it through hundreds of pages with regular surprises and payoffs. How? In this course, you’ll:

• Learn the elements of a good premise.
• Discover how a premise can go wrong and what you can do about it.
• Develop a premise that’s powerful enough to guide your story.
• Explore the potential in your premise so it will reach its full value in your story, including coming up with interesting tasks and obstacles.
• Analyze your premise by answering ten questions that will help you to engage others and fully commit to your story.

After you’ve done this work, we’ll explore using your premise to build effective loglines, query summaries, pitches, and synopses.
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Peter Andrews
Start date
Mar 7, 2022 at 9:00 AM
End date
Mar 28, 2022 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Mar 10, 2022 at 12:50 AM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 16 ratings

More classes from Peter Andrews

Latest reviews

This class is packed with content. Each lesson builds on the next and reinforces the elements of a good premise. It is not a light, skim through and head to the homework kind of course. Speaking of homework, assignments are true exercises that challenge and prod to explore the point of the lesson. But no worries, even though I could not fully participate, Peter managed to advise me in what I was able to do. I know that the gems of guidance I received will make a difference as I continue to work on the premise for my novel.