Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40

*Register by January 21 and save $5, use code PUBBOOKMAIN at checkout!**
Category
Business, Indie Publishing, Technology, Writer's Life
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
PUBBOOKMAIN
Perhaps you have considered self-publishing, also known as indie publishing. There are many good reasons to do so. You have complete editorial control. You can be more directly involved in the marketing of the book. You can reach niche markets profitably in a way larger traditional publishers cannot. And then there's the little detail of making triple or even quadruple the royalty you might get from a traditional publishing company.

However, to someone just starting out, it may seem like a daunting task. Additionally, you may have heard that it is very costly. When I started out, I routinely saw price tags in the thousands of dollars. On further inspection, though, I found that those numbers included outsourcing tasks, the author can easily do on their own. Indeed, I've published over 60 books and my average price is $20 a book. Many I published with no upfront money at all.

This course takes you through the process of publishing your first book from concept through publication and launch. It will show you ways to reduce your cost at each stage. You may decide to outsource some to save time or because you just don't want to do them. That's good, but you are almost certainly going to find some techniques I use to dramatically reduce the prices quoted by the "experts."
Outline
The topics will include:

• The Taco Truck Approach to Indie Publishing
  • Evaluating your project for success
  • Creating a publishing plan
  • Editing Your Project: Macro-Publishing
  • Editing Your Project: Content-Publishing
  • Editing Your Project: Basic Proof Reading
  • Getting help with Editing
  • Creating an E-Book Cover
  • Creating a Print Book Cover
  • Formatting your Book in 15 Minutes or Less