Query-Writing Boot Camp with Meg LaTorre-Snyder

Business Query-Writing Boot Camp with Meg LaTorre-Snyder

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $35 & Basic Members $45

**Register by September 17 and save $5, use code QUERYBOOTCAMPLATORRE at checkout!**
Category
  1. Business
  2. Structure
  3. Writer's Life
  4. Critique
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
QUERYBOOTCAMPLATORRE
Just like writing a book is a skill acquired through hard work and practice, so is writing a query letter. A query is essentially a pitch for your novel in the form of a book industry-specific cover letter. If you are looking to take your writing career to the next level and have your work noticed by literary agents, join Meg LaTorre, host of iWriterly and creator of Query Hack, for a query-writing boot camp this upcoming September. In this one-week course, you will learn: popular types of query formatting, how you can stand out, personalization, as well as how to create a strong book blurb/plot summary that will have literary agents asking for more.

Included in this one-week workshop:
  • Two lessons on how to write a query
  • Live query critiques
  • Live Q&A with instructor to ask individual query questions
Syllabus
Schedule:

• September 24: First lesson posted
  • September 25: Live Q&A from 7:00-7:30 pm EST
  • September 26: Second lesson posted
  • September 27: Live Q&A from 7:00-7:30 pm EST

Included:

Meg will select queries to be critiqued during the two lessons of this workshop. To be considered for the live critique, writers may submit their queries on or before Monday, September 17th.
Author
Meg Rosalyn
Start date
Sep 24, 2018 at 9:00 AM
End date
Sep 30, 2018 at 2:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 26, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 6 ratings

More classes from Meg Rosalyn

Latest reviews

I completely rewrote my query letter after this class. I knew I was doing it wrong and I knew I hated my letters before taking this class. Meg's resources and advice helped me feel confident in my new letter. I highly recommend and am looking forward to her next class!
The class was very helpful, offering both an overview of query elements and, during the chat sessions, individual advice.