Stellar Scenes with Sia Huff

Plot-Structure-GMC Stellar Scenes with Sia Huff

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $35 & Basic Members $45

Register by January 2nd and save $5, use code STELLARHUFF2023 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Structure
  4. GMC
  5. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
STELLARHUFF2023
Class Length
4 Weeks
Scenes are considered the building block of a story. A piece that should connect to the whole. We’ve been told that each scene needs to carry its weight. But what does that mean?

In this workshop we’ll review the basics of what a scene is and what the experts say. You’ll learn key elements of a scene. And how to add texture and dimension to make each scene stellar.

Plus, get a critique of a five-paged scene!
Syllabus
Scenes are the building block of any story. A piece that should connect to the whole. We’ve been told that each scene needs to carry its weight. But what does that mean? How do we get our scenes to stellar?

In this workshop you’ll learn:
  • What a scene is…
  • What the experts say…
  • The key elements of a scene…
  • How to add texture to a scene…
  • How to add depth to a scene…
This class is interactive with assignments each week. Each student will choose a scene from their manuscript to work on during class. Each week they will revise a part of their scene to make it stronger. At the end of our time together, I’ll critique the five-page scene you’ve transformed into stellar.

* Note: I understand life can get in the way. You are free to participate during class or wait until life calms down. The scene critique will be offered up to six months after the end of class. *
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Sia Huff
Start date
Jan 9, 2023 at 9:00 AM
End date
Feb 6, 2023 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Jan 12, 2023 at 12:50 AM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest reviews

Excellent class and wonderful slides, that helped me learn there was a lot more depth to scenes and sequels that I previously knew. The instructor is very available for questions and discussion.