The Jigsaw Effect - Beyond the Snowflake Method with Yvonne Walus

Plot-Structure-GMC The Jigsaw Effect - Beyond the Snowflake Method with Yvonne Walus

New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Basic members $35/Premium members $25

Register by December 30th and save $5, use code JIGSAWWALUS at checkout!
Category
  1. Structure
  2. Plotting
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
JIGSAWWALUS
You've probably heard of the Snowflake Method of writing, pioneered by award-winning writer Randy Ingermanson. Its premise is that you begin with a a single sentence that represents the theme of your book and then add complexity building outwards from that sentence until you have a full-blown novel.

The Jigsaw Effect allows you to add an element of freedom and randomness to the process: start anywhere, add anything, and still end up with a novel at the end.
Outline
At the end of the course, registrants will have a solid understanding of:
  • How to discover the best idea for your book
  • How to expand this idea into a story - with or without plotting
  • Where to find the characters and how to make them memorable
  • How to avoid writer's block
Author
Yvonne Walus
Start date
Jan 6, 2020 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jan 19, 2020 at 12:00 AM
Registration end date
Jan 8, 2020 at 12:00 AM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Latest reviews

A short, insightful class. It certainly made a difference to my writing. The tutor's lectures were useful and her feedback excellent.
Wow! I believe this is my fifth class with Savvy Authors and while I found the others valuable (or I wouldn't have kept taking them!), this one was truly transformative for my writing. Yvonne didn't just post lectures and assignments. She gave each of my posts detailed, specific responses, even going back and forth with me several times to help flush out ideas or offer her thoughts. Incredible class. I'll take anything Yvonne teaches in the future. If she were evaluating this review, I suspect it would be better, but hopefully you get the point--Yvonne is insightful, engaging, truly interested in helping, and exceptionally knowledgable. Take her classes any chance you get. I certainly hope she will be offering more classes in the future.