The Missing Puzzle Piece: Core Wounds with Tere Michaels

Character The Missing Puzzle Piece: Core Wounds with Tere Michaels

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 Basic Members $35

Register by August 24th and save $5, use code MISSINGPUZZLEMICHAELS at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Dialogue
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
MISSINGPUZZLEMICHAELS
Core Wounds sit in the heart of every person - both real and fictional. An understanding of these deep-seated, harmful "truths" we believe can lead to the creation of three-dimensional characters and emotionally impactful narratives readers will never forget.

This workshop will explore what a Core Wound is, how it goes into the building of a deeply felt and memorable character, and how it influences their actions and reactions in a story. Further, we'll discuss "matching" Core Wounds, in which a pairing (lovers, hero/villain) have the same wound but manifest it differently - and the potentially perfect complications it creates.

Finally, we'll talk about plot. How we construct a narrative to explore these Core Wounds is a vital part of harnessing this intense emotional connection. It can make the difference between a memorable story and one that falls flat.
Author
TereMichaels
Start date
Aug 31, 2020 at 9:00 AM
End date
Sep 13, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Sep 2, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.95 star(s) 20 ratings

More classes from TereMichaels

Latest reviews

I Loved this class! Tere is a fantastic instructor. Her assignments and feedback is invaluable. I learned so much from her. She teaches how to make your characters come alive not only on the page, but in your heart. I am taking her upcoming class in October and probably any that follow. Exceptional!
Tere was absolutely stunning with the amount of information for this course! I was seriously impressed with both the breadth and depth of the content on core wounds. She did not just list out a bunch of core wounds but delved into the whys, decisions, and consequences those core wounds can have for each character. And especially how they determine specific pathways and reactions to events in their lives. Tere is a MUST TAKE INSTRUCTOR at Savvy Authors! Highly recommend!!! I wish I could give her more than 5 stars :D