- Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium members $25/Basic members $35
Register by January 13 and save $5, use code JOURNEY_BAILEY at checkout!
- Characters, Structure, GMC, Plotting
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
Lots of writers have heard of the Hero's Journey, which is based on the work of Joseph Campbell. But there's also a Heroine's Journey, which is based on the story of the Sumerian goddess, Inanna, an epic that describes her descent into the underworld. The heroine’s journey is not so much about taking a quest to slay the dragon, as it is a journey within to face her deepest fears. By addressing her own needs and desires, she can come to terms with herself and her place in the world. Using fictional examples we'll see how to use the Heroine's Journey template to help you map your heroine move through the conflicts and challenges in your story. We'll also see how the Journey can make it easier to set up your ending so you can be ready to start the next book in a series.
- What is the Heroine's Journey and how it differs from the Hero's Journey (and how you can weave them together)
- Versions of the Journey and how to pick the right one for your story
- How to create a template using the steps of the Journey
- Examples using popular myths and archetypes, such as Persephone and Hades
- Where to find character tropes and archetypes to use in your stories