- Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium members $25/Basic members $35
Register by January 9th and save $5, use code JOURNEYBAILEY2023 at checkout!
- $5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
- Class Length
- 2 Weeks
Lots of writers have heard of the Hero's Journey, which is based on the work of Joseph Campbell. But there's also a Heroine's Journey, which is based on the story of the Sumerian goddess, Inanna, an epic that describes her descent into the underworld. The heroine’s journey is not so much about taking a quest to slay the dragon, as it is a journey within to face her deepest fears. By addressing her own needs and desires, she can come to terms with herself and her place in the world. Using fictional examples we'll see how to use the Heroine's Journey template to help you map your heroine move through the conflicts and challenges in your story. We'll also see how the Journey can make it easier to set up your ending so you can be ready to start the next book in a series.
- What is the Heroine's Journey and how it differs from the Hero's Journey (and how you can weave them together)
- Versions of the Journey and how to pick the right one for your story
- How to create a template using the steps of the Journey
- Examples using popular myths and archetypes, such as Persephone and Hades
- Where to find character tropes and archetypes to use in your stories
- Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.
The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.