Writing Your Book in First Person POV with Deb Bailey

Craft Writing Your Book in First Person POV with Deb Bailey

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 & Basic Members $35

Register by July 13th and save $5, use code FIRSTPERSONBAILEY2020 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Dialogue
  4. Structure
  5. Genre
  6. Voice
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
FIRSTPERSONBAILEY2020
Writing in the first person can be challenging. But it is a great way to get your reader connected with your main character right away. In order to write in first person POV, it's best to have a distinctive voice that engages the reader. In this class we'll cover some important points for writing a novel in first person POV, and give you the opportunity to try it out for yourself.

1. What first person POV is and isn't

2. How to decide if it's the right POV for your character (and your book)

3. Seeing through your character's eyes – using first person to connect with your character and their world so you can understand who they are

4. Managing things like describing your character without falling into clichés

5. Is your character being honest? Just because it's first person doesn’t mean they're telling all they know

6. Thoughts and feelings – showing the character's inner world without "telling"
Author
Deborah Bailey
Start date
Jul 20, 2020 at 9:00 AM
End date
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Registration end date
Jul 22, 2020 at 1:00 AM
Rating
4.96 star(s) 26 ratings

More classes from Deborah Bailey

Latest reviews

I enjoyed Writing Your Book in First Person POV. It taught me to take a different approach to my writing, and to my current WIP. Thanks to Deb's lecture materials and exercises I learned new things about my protagonist and antagonist. Deb was generous with her feedback, and her comments on my work were insightful and helpful. The course materials are engaging and useful to writers at every stage of the writing journey. Highly recommended!
Deb Bailey was an excellent instructor. I learned a great deal from her class, "Writing in First Person POV" and became more motivated in my writing. She was also very available for personal critiques which were invaluable. I hope to take more classes from her.