Xena, Wonder Woman, and You with Thriller Author Jacqui Jacoby

Character Xena, Wonder Woman, and You with Thriller Author Jacqui Jacoby

New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $30 & Basic Members $40

Register by June 12th and save $5, use code WONDERWOMANJACOBY2023 at checkout!
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Editing
  4. Dialogue
  5. Structure
  6. Genre
  7. Plotting
  8. POV
  9. Voice
  10. Worldbuilding
  11. Writer's Life
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
WONDERWOMANJACOBY2023
Class Length
4 Weeks
Jacqui Jacoby, self defense enthusiast and thriller author, takes a look into creating the heroines who take little from their adverseies. Xena, Wonder Woman and You … they lead the way to Tough Chicks.

This workshop will cover such topics as how to portray tough chick heroines. Not just illustrating self-defense techniques, but how to build a tough chick heroine from the inside out. What kind of women make up the tough chicks and what are they like in their everyday lives? What drives them to become tough? What kind of hero must stand beside her and what kind of villains will she face?

Using films to convey the message (quicker than reading assignments) Ms. Jacoby will teach you how to develop a tough character and teach you how to stay safe in this entertainment world.
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Jacqui Jacoby
Start date
Jun 19, 2023 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jul 16, 2023 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Jun 21, 2023 at 6:00 PM
Rating
3.50 star(s) 2 ratings

Latest reviews

I enjoyed the lectures and some of the homework assignments for this class. Visual assignments as well as examples from novels helps me as I can be more of a visual learner. My main recommendation for improving this class would be to include some opportunities to share and discuss our own work as well as discuss reading or viewing assignments. I would have also liked to have had more discussion responses from the instructor for each lesson homework as well. If she wanted to set a time limit for when to submit for a response from her, Ms. Jacoby could easily make that clear at the start of the classes. But it would be nice to get some discussion and feedback from her as well as from the other students. But that being said, I would be interested in taking other classes she offered as I did feel the lectures were fun and helpful.
The class felt superficial. I wanted a much deeper dive into what factors would make readers consider a female protagonist a "touch chick" vs. a strong female character vs. touch chicks that stretched believability. I wanted clear homework assignments that would have us sharing details of our characters or scenes in which they interacted for feedback on whether they were believable "touch chicks."