Your Novel's BluePrint - Margaret Riley

Special Event Your Novel's BluePrint - Margaret Riley

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
$90 for Basic Members (Includes a $40 fee that will be credited to your SavvyAuthors Premium Membership!)
$50 for Premium Members
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Plotting
Ask an Editor what the slush pile looks like, and they'll tell you it's full of bad manuscripts, poorly edited manuscripts, and an occasional diamond in the rough. Learn how to avoid the slush from the start by working with an Editor to prepare Your Novel's BluePrint in this two-week online writing event. Cut out the bad before you start!
Other events or classes in this series
Outline
March 13 - 14: Setup, introductions
March 15 - 22: Lessons, mentoring, plotting
March 23 - 24: Clean up

Goal: Completed synopsis and/or plot points
Syllabus
Learn about creating strong characters, building a fabulous set for them to play on, and plotting their journey; these lessons create your book’s blueprint.
Author
Shelby Morgen
Start date
Mar 13, 2017 at 9:00 AM
End date
Mar 24, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Mar 15, 2017 at 6:00 PM
Rating
4.00 star(s) 10 ratings

More classes from Shelby Morgen

Latest reviews

I'm giving this workshop a 3 only because of the unrealistic timeline for assignments. Too much was expected in a short amount of time. The information provided was rich and I learned so much -- things that will help me do a better job at crafting my book, but the assignments -- all required within a week -- were too much. Not that I'm any different from the others who signed up ( for $50 I might add), but my 10 hour work days made it almost impossible to complete the expected work. I liked this workshop and I hope next time, considerable time is given to complete one assignment before the next one is due.
Shelby Morgen
I understand completely and I'll be glad to help out if you'd like to finish the assignments. I think it might be helpful, too, to have the assignments, or at least the first one, a week before the workshop starts.