Hi everyone,
I am a new writer and I am excited to join this community! I look forward to interacting with and learning from you.
Hi @Lgray!

Welcome to SavvyAuthors! We are thrilled to have you join us. What genre do you write?

Please let us know if you need anything!

RJ

Upvote 0
Hi! I’m Melanie from Bucks, UK. I was first published as a poet, then developed a love of picture books. I studied English and then an MA in Children’s Literature. As a teacher, picture books are just magic! My interests in Art and Literature are married within them.

As well as a variety of picture books, I am writing a YA about child exploitation and a memoir about coming to terms with being an only child living the life of two. I am just about to develop a chapter book and MG idea. I have enough writing to do to last a lifetime!

Upvote 0
Hi Melanie,
It's nice to hear from you and also to learn that you have a varied interest in what you write too. I am also a teacher (professor now), and I could not agree with you more! I use children's literature in my music classroom all the time. I love how stories can pair beautifully with music.

I am very new to the writing world, and I do not have a background that fully supports writing (my degrees are all in music). However, I have always enjoyed writing and would have pursued English if I hadn't followed my music path. I am looking forward to all of the writing classes and workshops in my future! I am going to attempt the NaNo Bootcamp, where you have to write 50,000 words in November...this might be the craziest thing I have signed up for so far!

Take care,
Lori

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0