Jun 26, 2014
Northwest Illinois
www.lesliedow.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
Hi all
The waiting is nearly over. We have the new CritMatch algorithm tested and ready to go. This new approach allows you to choose via a ranked choice of several different genres and writing levels. So you can choose a first, second, etc choice for a partner to match across writing level and genre.

For example, I can choose two levels: my first choice would be an experienced writer, but I will also take someone with some experience (Intermediate) if they match on genre. Likewise, I may have a first and second choice for genre: say I want to match for Cyberpunk but I will take general scifi if the writing level is a match as well. Hope this makes sense. LOL.

I did explain it as well in the updated FAQ.

I have also added a bunch of new genres since you can rank order your choices. So if you have a cozy mystery you might want to choose Cozy Mystery and your first choice and Mystery as your second. If you also have a Romantic Suspense, that may be your third choice and so on.

Now for the fun part. We can add a LOT of genres. We may want to add a grouping in the future but for now let's just add the ones that you want and we can take it from there!
Please add your comment to this google sheet. Let me know if I have missed any or if you think the order is incorrect. I have not reordered the list on the site and I want to make this as intuitive as possible. I very much appreciate all your input! You guys are the best!!!

We will FOR SURE run this next Monday. The app is as tested as I can make it now so we just need to get these sorted and give you a few days to opt back in and we will be ready to roll!

here is the link to the sheet:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Oh also, please comment on the sort order. LMK if any of the sorting feels off.
Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Cool! I will add this list to the site now. ONce I do that I will enable the critmatch for everyone.
Please do note there is a small issue with the tiles, you have to drop a new tile on an existing tile in the list. The dev is working on a fix now so we decided to open up with this small issue.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I read the FAQ and this thread but I'm still a bit confused. Am I supposed to be choosing what genre I want to read or what genre I have for someone else to read? Also, how do I enroll in the various genres and writing levels?

Sorry for being dense on this.
Hi Rylee
You are choosing which genres and levels you would like to be matched with. The expectation is that you would trade pages that were in that chosen genre.

You enroll in genre and levels by going to the Partner Matching section of your preferences:
Above is the direct link, but you can always navigate there by choosing the person/gear icon under your avatar on the top right of any page.
1661906315924.png

Then click on your name:
1661906283710.png

And don't forget to save your choices after you click the Opt-In button!

1661906437064.png

Let me know if any of this is confusing!
best
Leslie

Upvote 0
Hello, I opted in for crit match and clicked SAVE but nothing happened. What else is supposed to happen after I opt-in and select my genres?

colehleen
colehleen
Hi - This also happened to me today (I clicked "save" but nothing happened). I do not see an email confirming that I was added, either. Is there an issue or is the sign up closed? Thank!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am writing why choose and struggling to find a good match. Would there be any interest for a why choose category so we can find each other?
Hi Suzanne
I'm not sure I fully understand what you suggest. Do you mean a no-genre category?
Thanks!

Upvote 0