lrdavis

Resident Dreamer
Dec 31, 2014
So Cal Mountains
Welcome in many languages: :cool:
This means everyone is welcome.
Come in. Grab a cuppa your favorite. Tell us a little about yourself.

This community of writers become cherished friends as we write, edit. rewrite. edit. polish, final edit. Publish!

Come along the journey with us. You make this place better with your contributions.

I'm L R Davis. writer of non-fiction and fiction. Current WIP is a MG (middle grade) novel. I am writing short stories and learning my craft here at Savvy Authors.

Was introduced to Savvy Authors several years ago by Lea Schizas at Muse Conference Online. Both things changed my life. I felt welcomed. I have learned. I am learning more.

Welcome to Savvy Authors. May your life be rich with ideas, filled with friends and fulfilled by success.

Lyn

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Hi Lyn!

Thanks for getting us started. I LOVE SavvyAuthors, I started here as a volunteer what feels like a ton of years ago (2010 maybe?) and spent a lot of time moderating workshops. I started modding the Special Events and then became the coordinator. I love planning events for our members and I try to switch things up and keep them fresh. :) I know I can't please everyone but I do try to get a good mix of events that everyone can enjoy!

If you haven't already, check out our new Short Story Mentoring Program. I'm super excited for this 6 month series of events, I think it will be a ton of fun.

I've been working on my middle grade urban fantasy for years. I'm confident that someday, I'll get it revised and ready to send to the agents/editors who are interested in it! ;)

I LOVE the new site and can't wait until we're fully up and running. We appreciate everyone's patience as we exterminate bugs and work through the growing pains.

Hugs,
Riley

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Hi Riley!
Welcome to you, too. You do a great job with events. They keep getting better and better, and they were great to start.
Loving this site so much, too.
Hugs back atcha,
Lyn

• Agree
Upvote 0
Thanks Lyn and Riley!!!
I am so excited! I hope everyone likes the new digs and tosses lots of ideas at us to make it better and better!
:)

Upvote 0
Thanks Lyn for posting this thread, and hello everyone!

SavvyAuthors changed my life the first time I signed up for workshop in its first year. I learned so much on writing in the first few workshops I took. After taking many more workshops, I offered to mod the workshops and then that led to becoming a crew member.

I've been working on a high fantasy novels for years. It changes and evolved over the years, but this will be the year I write some short stories and sell them online while working on my longer novel series.

I love we are helping each other in our writing dreams, and I think the new site will help us continue being writers helping writers.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Thanks Lyn

Welcome everyone to our new improved and awesome website.

The first every workshop I signed up for was the April bootcamp ages ago, I think in 2010 or 2009... To this day, I am still in contact with the people in my bootcamp team. Big wave to Riley and Lyn above :) I have met heaps of like mind writers, joined a ton and a half of workshops, special events and chats. From the moment i signed up, i have never looked back. (I''m part of the furniture now) :) lol.

I write YA and a little NA. Not currently published, but I hope to change that soon.

I am sure that you will love Savvy as much as I do :)

Angel

• Winner
Upvote 0

This community of writers become cherished friends as we write, edit. rewrite. edit. polish, final edit. Publish!

Come along the journey with us. You make this place better with your contributions.

I'm L R Davis. writer of non-fiction and fiction. Current WIP is a MG (middle grade) novel. I am writing short stories and learning my craft here at Savvy Authors.

Was introduced to Savvy Authors several years ago by Lea Schizas at Muse Conference Online. Both things changed my life. I felt welcomed. I have learned. I am learning more.

Welcome to Savvy Authors. May your life be rich with ideas, filled with friends and fulfilled by success.

Lyn

Lyn

Upvote 0
hi all,
I managed to get a couple of real short short stories published as wellas a novella. The stories are less than 2k. Novella is 37k words.
ee
Looks like Lyn & I have a publisher in common Lea S. I dare not spell her last name. I'll screw it up.

Anyway, i've taken a couple of workshops here long ago. I'm a perpetual learner so here I am in this plotting class hoping t get my current WIps middle straightened out.

Hope to meet everyone in class.

Lets all have fn.

Jerry Race

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
hi all,
I managed to get a couple of real short short stories published as wellas a novella. The stories are less than 2k. Novella is 37k words.
ee
Looks like Lyn & I have a publisher in common Lea S. I dare not spell her last name. I'll screw it up.

Anyway, i've taken a couple of workshops here long ago. I'm a perpetual learner so here I am in this plotting class hoping t get my current WIps middle straightened out.

Hope to meet everyone in class.

Lets all have fn.

Jerry Race
Hi Jerry,
I was looking to see you made it. Well done. Welcome to the new site.

I always have to look up Lea Schizas' name so I spell it right. Totally understand since I have muffed it up too many times to count.

I'm doing the plot thing, too. See you in class.
:)
Lyn

Upvote 0
I find Savvy to be one of the friendliest writer's sites. I have taken many classes and am starting to participate more in the forums. Some of you are starting to look very familiar. I did the Nano event and really appreciated the encouragement and fun activities, and I just did the Pitch Workshop.

I have turned from years of writing nonfiction to fiction and am struggling to find a genre and a voice. So far everything I have written has been different. I have an inspirational romance set during the Civil War, a biographical novel with romantic elements also set during the Civil War, both being revised, a romantic suspense in draft, a number of published and unpublished short fiction pieces. Oh, and one published poem. Don't know exactly where that places me, but I am having a lot of fun writing. I look forward to participating in Savvy for years to come. You can never stop learning.

Joan

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Welcome Joan,
Savvy Authors remains the best website in my book. The caliber of serious writers, critiques, classes/workshops and special events are incomparable. No one matches the quality and family attitude here, while still being very professional.

We're glad you have joined us. I know what you mean about not being certain of genre/category. I've tried my hand at a few. The daily writing helps make that happen.

See you around the forums.
Lyn

Upvote 0
Hi everyone.
I am Catherine and am new to Savvy Authors.
I too have written non-fiction and have been gifted with two fiction novel ideas, one that I am working on here with June, and the other that is just unfolding in my thoughts now. I'm not sure how or where to share on here. I like the new format though. It seems quite easy to use.

Catherine

Upvote 0
Welcome Catherine,
Congrats on your non-fiction and the current two ideas of fiction. June is awesome and has helped me many times.
Soon, we will have SIGs (special interest groups) forming. It will offer many chances to meet up with like minded writers.
We'll announce it and give people a chance to figure out where they want to go.
They will be ideal for the many group experiences of the special events that Savvy offers.
Best wishes,
Lyn

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!
I've been around here since 2010 but decided to volunteer just last year. Now I moderate classes and enjoy reading all the great posts. I took a ton of classes when I first joined then, as my writing improved, I was able to select classes based on my weaknesses. I write YA and NA romance & paranormal romance. My current YA PNR is almost finished (yay!) and I hope to submit it in a few months.

I've met some awesome people via SA, and I guarantee the friendships made here will last a long, long time. I love the look and feel of the new site and can't wait for it to be fully operational!!!

Upvote 0