Premium Member
Savvy Volunteer
Ask me about my book submission!
Dec 31, 2014
So Cal Mountains
Google+
Lyndsey Davis
Hi my friends,
I am an ML for our region in NaNoWriMo and we are beginning to prepare for the November event.
For those of you who are unaware of NaNoWriMo, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. A group of 9 friends in Berkeley CA bemoaned the fact that they always SAID they were going to write a novel, but never got around to it. Back in 1999, they challenged each other, one July to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days (1667 words per day/6.68 pages).
The nine became 35, and now, twenty years later, we have around half a million people around the world participating every year with thousands of regions offering local meetups and NaNo bling. NaNoWriMo offers a Young Writer’s Program geared to three groups of writers in early school, middle school and high school. The resources for YWP are worthy of adult use.
They are getting ready this month to shift to a new hosting site, so there may be some downtimes trying to log on. But let me know if you need help. I can cut through some barriers.
This thread is not about signing up for NaNo but offering a Prep for NaNo.
Would you like to have some hints at making NaNo easier?
I’m going to be doing this for my region and can cut and paste the information here, as well. But not to flood the SIG with unnecessary posts.
Is anyone besides me doing NaNo this year?
Are you interested in NaNo Prep?
What kinds of preparation do you feel you want most of all?
Outlining? NaNo Hints? Music to write by?
Or anything else you are curious about. Post it here.
Lyn