Site Q's, Bugs & Requests Chat function

Merlyssa

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
Central Arkansas
I'm having another issue with the chatroom and have been since the hack attacks, I thought everyone did but found out the other day nope just me. lol. All I see is a triangle with an exclamation mark. On hover, it says you must register or login to use chat which I am, have. I've tried to log out and come back in to see if that would work but I can't log out. Hopefully, you have some ideas.

Thanks

Leslie

Site Monkey
Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Instructor
Premium Member
Jun 26, 2014
wandering around...
lesliedowauthor.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
Hi Mer
It could be a couple of things...so lets do them all together. Can you clear your cookies and cache
Here is a page with good instructions.

Refreshyourcache.com - The Guide to Clear your Browser Cache!

Also we have a pretty tough firewall these days...if you PM me your IP address, I can whitelist you. IT may be that your IP address has done something to tickle the firewall.

Thanks!
Leslie

Merlyssa

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
Central Arkansas
okay. finally fixed it. yay. had to clear twice and reboot. i was finally able to get logged out and when i logged in, chat worked. Thanks Leslie

Leslie

Site Monkey
Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Instructor
Premium Member
Jun 26, 2014
wandering around...
lesliedowauthor.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
YAY! Glad you were able to fix it.
Thanks for letting me know.
:)

Tamsen Kaye

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2011
Alberta Canada
Leslie, since I have a chat-related question, I may as well post here.

Is there a right way to save transcripts from the chat rooms, like with the old site? When I tried the select all/ paste to word, I didn't have the pop up chat window open, so it copied both the chat and the savvy forum page. When I switched to the pop up window so I'd get only the chat to copy, it booted me and I lost the majority of the transcript. Afterward, I found the option to "save as", but when I tried this and opened the file, it came out coded like an email header. Is there a pain-free method somewhere?

Leslie

Site Monkey
Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Instructor
Premium Member
Jun 26, 2014
wandering around...
lesliedowauthor.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
Hi Tamsen
Sadly, its not that easy. You need to grab Walker or RJ or me and ask one of us to save the transcript for you. We are happy to do that just PM or email us.

thanks!
Leslie

Deborah Holbrook

scribbler
Jul 8, 2011
Hi,

I am having difficulty finding the "new site" and the Special Event: Winter Bootcamp 2016, which is suppose to start today.
Please help.

Thanks,
Debbie

Deborah Holbrook

scribbler
Jul 8, 2011
Hi Merlyssa,

Thank you for your help but I still have a problem. When I go to the above link it says there is an error and I do not have permission to view this
page or perform this action.

I did upgrade my membership from basic to premium in order to participate in the Winter Bootcamp 2016.
I do not know what I am doing wrong, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Deb

Marilyn Muniz

scribbler
Jul 25, 2013
Land O Lakes, FL
Hi Merlyssa,

Thank you for your help but I still have a problem. When I go to the above link it says there is an error and I do not have permission to view this
page or perform this action.

I did upgrade my membership from basic to premium in order to participate in the Winter Bootcamp 2016.
I do not know what I am doing wrong, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Deb
Hello Deb,

We apologize for the difficulty accessing our Bootcamp after upgrading your membership. I will email you to help sort this out.

Sincerely,