Discussion Daily Team Reporting for June 2016

Tamsen Kaye

Ask me about my book submission!
Mar 18, 2011
Alberta Canada
Happy June, everyone!

A few of us are working on revisions and critiquing for each other this month. If you want to jump in , be sure to post in the main forums- there's a thread for June and July events.
Hope everyone is doing great!

Kathy Frost

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA USA
Hi, everyone. Another 4 days in the hospital. Another bout of cellulitis started Wed. morning and got so bad so fast, my doctor told me to got to the ER. I got out this morning. I did have a lot of time to think about my current book, take notes, and list a lot of details about the hospital experience that I can use in a book one day.
K

Tracey Turner

Premium Member
Jul 24, 2011
Australia
Hi All

Hope you are doing better now Kathy. I had cellulitis once and it wasn't much fun.

Congrats Tamsen on your twitter acount and your followers.

Hope everyone else is well and you are writing up a storm.

Things have been busy over here and the temperature hasplummented as well. I pitched my latest ms in pages for agents to Dawn Dowdle. She requested a partial and I've just sent it off to her. Does anyone know anything or heard anything about her?

I'm now working on the plotting camp so I can write a new ms in July during bootcamp. Is anyone else joining in? I'm also working on finishing the edit for the ms I pitched.

Cheers
Tracey

Connie Parrott

Premium Member
Oct 25, 2015
Houston, TX
Hi, everyone. Another 4 days in the hospital. Another bout of cellulitis started Wed. morning and got so bad so fast, my doctor told me to got to the ER. I got out this morning. I did have a lot of time to think about my current book, take notes, and list a lot of details about the hospital experience that I can use in a book one day.
K
Hey Kathy!

That was not what I was expecting you to be doing this summer! Glad you're out of the hospital. Continue to feel better!

Connie

Kathy Frost

Premium Member
Mar 18, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA USA
It's Sat, June 25. The family, including my visiting 20yo g'daughter, have left for an out of town family birthday party. The kids will be staying there until Thursday.
Yeah, I have a 6 day vacation!!!
No kids to chase, no one wanting to use my computer, no teenie-bopper Disney movies (she's reliving her teen years before she turns 21 this fall LOL).
Peace and quiet. WRITING TIME!
Of course, I'll have no peace in July, but I can look forward to school starting in August with both kids in the same school and no more driving 4 different trips a day to get them both back and forth. I'll miss the writing Summer Camp in July, but I'll be back to "me time" on the 1st of August. I'm so looking forward to that.
Have a good summer everyone.

Connie Parrott

Premium Member
Oct 25, 2015
Houston, TX
Wow, I did not realize I had not checked in for the month of June. Where is this year going by the way? Soon to be half over.

I finished three classes in June: two on plotting and one I absolutely adored, Kathy Otten's class on "Using Body Language to Convey Character Emotions". I signed up for another class that starts this Monday, the 27th: Steve Shrott's "How to Add Humor to Novels and Short Stories." Looking forward to it.

Critiquing with Barbara Bates and Tamsen this month. I'm a newbie to this but it is very interesting. They are helping me with a new WIP suggested by the head honcho of Rock Your Writing forum, Cathy Yardley. It's written in first person and concerns a "senior" who decides to write M/M. I've never written in first person, but it's a hoot so far. I could get used to writing first person, especially forcing myself to avoid points of view for everyone else. Learning so much!

Also doing promos on Facebook with my British writer friend Jean Shorney to advertise her books. She has independently published six novels, including a crime/political series with leading character Irishman Aidan McRaney whose characteristics and physical attributes are based on actor Aidan Turner. Jean is my age, a widow and a grandmother and a wonderful source of inspiration for me. I just wish we lived close to each other. As it is, we must visit daily through FB messaging.

Must say I have learned tons since joining SavvyAuthors last October in time for NaNo. The last eight months have been amazing (and somewhat stressful). :)