ClarE Cartagena

Premium Member
Jul 6, 2011
claregraith.com
Title: Kill Words
Genre: New Adult: Contemporary suspense / romance
Word Count: 75K
Author: Clare Cartagena (pseudonym Clare Graith

Twenty-five year old Maisey has finally met someone albeit another blogger named Tyler. They are forced to take the leap from internet dating to being on the run together when they are used as pawns between an egotistical bioengineer and a cyber crime ring with word triggers to arrange murders. Maisey's life spins out of control until all the false pretenses she rested on are stripped away and she finds her true self.

D
Deb Werksman
Hi Clare, a 25-year-old protagonist may be a little old for NA at this point. I think this might position better into the mystery category. Not sure it's a fit for the romance category.
Upvote 0

Kay Phoenix

scribbler
Sep 13, 2017
Title: A Werewolf in Wisconsin
Genre: Paranormal Romance w/ screwball comedy
Length: 70,000 words
Author: Kay Phoenix

A murder throws everything in this idyllic, small town off kilter, and the Postal Carrier must figure out if her new boyfriend had anything to do with it. Like Fargo meets Underworld, with bite, heart, some misguided Bigfoot hunters and urban legends.

Upvote 0

tmwriter724

scribbler
Mar 1, 2010
Title: Spellbound
Genre: Historical Romance (sweet)
Length: 80,000 words
Author: Tara Manderino

Volatile situations were Luke’s specialty, but when his fiancée unknowingly gets caught up with a ring of traitors seeking a new explosive, he’s led into a mysterious world of hypnosis. Secret Service agents in 1874 ensured national security, but when danger stalks his fiancée Luke’s focus is torn between his private and work life. The country must come first, but how does he save his heart? This is part of a series.

Upvote 0

Sburdorf

Calligrapher
Aug 3, 2019
Tennessee
Title: LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Length: 84,000
Author: Susan Burdorf

Dr. Abby Fontana is too busy for love, at least that's what she tells herself as one romance after another fails. At a call from her mother she rushes home to care for her father who is suffering the early signs of Dementia and on the first day back she runs into James Grady, her high school crush who has not gotten any less crush-worthy in the ensuing years. When a near-tragedy forces them to work together to save the one they both love, they rediscover each other - but can you go home again?
Thank you for your comment and you are absolutely correct, I failed at bringing the pitch full circle. My apologies. Have a wonderful day!

Upvote 0

Sburdorf

Calligrapher
Aug 3, 2019
Tennessee
Title: ALL MANOR OF LOVE
Length: 75,000
Author: Susan Burdorf

Grace Monahan’s interior design business is booming after a favorable article in Interior Design 4 Homes magazine featured her as a new arrival on the interior design scene. Getting the contract to design the prestigious Graystone Manor for its holiday soiree is the dream job she’s always wanted. Unfortunately, the urbane Drew Graystone isn’t her biggest fan and the two butt heads more than once – is this true love?
Hello Deb, thank you for your comment. You are, of course, absolutely on target with your comment. I will work on that. Thank you for taking the time to read it. Have a wonderful day!

Upvote 0

Noel S

Ink-slinger
Sep 24, 2021
Scotland
Thanks Debs, for both your replies. Regarding A Late Awakening, the audience is almost exclusively women. The novel is temporarily (ie until I can find representation or a publisher) available on Amazon, and just about all of the amazing reviews there are posted by women. I know many agents avoid self-published work, but can assure you that it would be take off Amazon immediately, and my work with an agent would begin from scratch, just as it would if the novel had not been previously made available to buy. I think there's a very big potential audience, half the population! So it would be a question of reaching women.

If you'd like to take another look or even read it, I'd be very happy!

Kind regards

N

Upvote 0
Title: The Diva’s Daughter
Genre: Historical Women’s Fiction With Strong Romantic Elements
Length: 95,000 Words
Author: Heather Walrath

An 18-year-old singer dreams of becoming an opera star like her late mother. But as fascists rise to power in 1932 Munich, Angelika must choose between using her artistry to support them or upholding the inclusive values her mama championed. While a Nazi’s defiant son and a wealthy candy tycoon vie for her affection, she also explores a hidden connection with a Jewish director rumored to be her father.
Thank you for taking the time to provide helpful feedback, Ms. Werksman! Although Angelika is a fictional character, her story is based in part on the experiences of opera singer Lotte Lehmann and actress Marlene Dietrich, two women the Nazis attempted to entice in order to utilize their artistry as propaganda. If you believe your colleague might still be interested in taking a look, feel free to let me know. I greatly appreciate your time and expertise.

Upvote 0
Title: The Sooner I Go
Length: 81,000
Author: Heather Cumiskey

18-year-old Brynn, a former performing arts high school student, is ready to embark on her singing career with her musician husband when her parents and husband die tragically on the same night. Left on her own, Brynn inherits her parents’ debt and is forced to forgo her singing aspirations for a summer internship at a prestigious NYC ad agency where she meets 20-year-old advertising heir, Micah. Brynn plunges in headfirst until a stranger comes forward seeking revenge and threatens her second shot at love.
Thank you for the feedback!

Upvote 0