Fortnight Flash Fiction Author
Jun 26, 2014
Northwest Illinois
www.lesliedow.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
I was doing research for the class I am teaching now and I stumbled over some basic research on changes in social media in 2019 and anticipated for 2020.

I follow several social media guys on Twitter, MattNavarra reported (and Social Media Today publised) that in October Facebook is changing how they calculate reach. (and not for the increase) so we should see our reach drop. Nice eh? Nothing like making us buy more ads.

1573936274917.png

So I looked at Savvy's and yep, we dropped 26% since October!!!
And we had a freaking PITCHFEST, which always boosts our niumbers.
Anyone else see their reach plummet?

Upvote 0
So for more on this, Adweek also has an article. It's apparently a change in how FB filters repeat visits. But those are important to us! This is infuriating. The rollout was supposed to be completed on Oct 28 so we should see changes after that.

Upvote 0
I read a long time ago that it was better to invest in a Facebook group than in a FB page. This new algorithmic change supports that theory. It's on my goal list to start a FB group next year, specifically because spending the time to create content for my page seems to be a hit or miss.

Reactions: 1 user
Leslie
Leslie
The groups do seem to get more traction than pages. But they also are a lot more work! It's being consistent that's mostly the challenge for me.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Gah! I avoid Facebook pretty much at all costs. It's such a headache trying to keep up with everything they are doing.

Upvote 0