Dave Wickenden

Story Laureate
Sep 17, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone,
My name is Dave Wickenden. I am a retired fire fighter from Ontario, Canada. I retired specifically to write. I had gotten totally sick of writing business plans and reports for politicians who had their own agenda. My work was dry and lifeless and I felt totally stagnated. Thus my escape to creative writing.

I have tried a few times during the years to write a novel, but life always got in the way. I finished my first novel seven months after retiring, but found that I didn't know what I didn't know. The last year and half I have been learning the trade of writing with the help of a great group on Scribophile.

The first draft of my new novel, Homegrown is almost complete and having gone through critiques for Chapter one, I already have a map drafted out for the re-write.

Hope to make friends here and learn and help others.
Talk to you soon,
Dave

Upvote 0
Hi Tamsen,
Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to learning all I can about good writing.

My story is about a young teen you is recruited and radicalized by ISIS and is part of a worldwide plot to attack anti-muslim groups in the countries that make up the International Coalition. Her mother and girlfriend are allied with a Homeland Security team trying to rescue him before the attack or before he is killed.

First book is about a vigilante who hunts down and kills pedophiles in Canada. This the first of a series.

Too many ideas, not enough time.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the post. We are very excited to have you join SavvyAuthors. There are so many awesome members here! I'm a fellow Canadian and Ontarian. :)

Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything.

Happy writing!

~ RJ

Upvote 0