Hello,

I'm a writer of middle grade fiction and member of SCBWI Carolinas. I'm looking forward to taking part in some of the webinars and classes and would be interested in more pitch workshops, since I'm hoping to pitch my MG novel this coming year. My novel's been in the works for almost two years now. I love writing, and look forward to growing in the craft.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I write MG and belong to SCBWI Carolinas which includes North and South Carolina, for children's book writers and illustrators. It covers from picture books through MG and YA. I've gone to several conferences and am always happy with the guest speakers,often agents and editors. You can also sign up for individual critiques with an agent at some of theses. They also host a yearly contest, free for members. They have an online "blue board" program where you can find critique partners and offer great resources and information in "The Book" which you can access online. Each August of September, the conference is in Charlotte and I plan to go this year.

However, if you write for adults, you may like the Charlotte Writers Club. I belonged for a while and they have great speakers and also host several contests, but I stopped going because they're more oriented to writers for adults. They host workshops too.

Good luck in finding writers' groups! I've also participated in Twitter community of writers for #peerpitch in which gives other writers support you with suggestions, and #ontheporch.
I hope you find the "right" place for you!

Upvote 0
Hi Martha,
I write MG & YA fiction. Come November, we'll probably have an MG/YA team for our boot camp during NaNoWriMo. Hope you'll join us. We're hoping we can expand our SIGs (Special Interest Groups)--for MG/YA after NaNo.
Welcome! Don't hesitate to ask any mod...like me,
Lyn

Upvote 0