Korina

Story Laureate
Jun 13, 2018
Connecticut
Newbie here! I love connecting with other writers. I'm currently querying agents for my mom blogger cozy mystery series. Have gotten some good responses to my pitches on twitter. Keeping my fingers crossed for here, too. In the meantime, I'm working on a new series and submitting short stories. I recently got my first mystery short story accepted for an anthology! I feel there's still so much to learn about every phase of writing and publishing - even when you get something done, there's 10 more things you could be doing. How about you?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Wow! You are super busy and productive! Good for you! Congrats on getting a piece accepted into an anthology. I'm still working on the querying, entering contests, and writing short and long pieces.

Welcome to this little slice of the internet.

Reactions: 1 user
Korina
Korina
Thank you! I've just had a flurry of activity querying lately. But before this, I had months of banging my head against my computer trying to plot a different cozy mystery series that had all the right components. And I'm such a slow writer, so trying to write some short stories at least makes me FEEL productive, lol. It's been so great to find other writers and know that everything I'm going through is normal. Well, normal for us, anyway!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Congrats! And good luck on the querying. And it's funny you should mention all the things you need to do because I'm moderating a class right now taught by Chanel Cleeton on The Road to Publication. She's giving out all kinds of awesome info. You may be able to get in if you like since it just started. If you're interested, just message RJ and see if you can join in.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Welcome Korina,

You have already got a good start. Savvy offers many opportunities to learn the next steps in many processes.

Enjoy!

Lyn

Upvote 0