Hi there! I'm Lana. I write... I guess it'd be called mainstream fiction or "love stories". Several people who have read my books claim they like my stories, but they hate romance novels. So I've spent the past few years trying to figure out what to call my books. "Women's fiction with romantic elements" seems too high brow for what I write. (No offense meant toward women's fiction writers. I love reading it, I just don't think I'm delving that deeply into my characters' psyche to warrant such a title.)

I'm pretty sure that if I market my books as romances, readers will be disappointed because I don't really nail that genre either. So, my goal for the rest of this year is to figure out how to plant myself SOLIDLY in the romance genre. And I feel in order to do that, I need to start networking with other romance writers and readers.

However, I'm an introvert. I struggle to connect to people, so it's really hard for me to jump into a group setting and say, "Hey, I need a friend or mentor that can guide/shove me in the right direction."

My first novel was published by a small e-publishing company in 2009. We parted ways amicably right before I finished revising my second novel. Since our parting, I've been focused on indie publishing. I've released a total of seven novels. My eighth novel is in the editing/revising process and I hope to release it by the end of the year.

I look forward to getting to know all of you. Hopefully, I'll get over my fear of people laughing at me and start networking. ;)

Onward!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Hi Lana! Welcome to Savvy! I'm Tamsen and it's great to meet ya! If you need help finding your way around, I'm happy to help, so message me anytime! :)

Seven novels? Wow! That's awesome! Your work sounds interesting! I wonder if it falls under Sweet Romance? Where are you published? I'd love to check out your cover blurbs and see what your stories are about. (I write Urban Fantasy with m/m elements, as well as YA Urban Fantasy (or Light Fantasy, depending on who you ask) and Doll Soaps, but I've dabbled in pretty much every genre.

Upvote 0