Instructor
Feb 13, 2011
Texas. USA
www.junefaver.com
Title: Haley’s Magic Day
Genre: Picture Book
Length: 996
Author: Calista Anastasia/June Faver

Haley is wearing her purple overalls when she and her Nana visit a magic shop, where the owner, Geoffrey the Magician, invites them to look around, but warns them not to touch anything. While Nana is checking the books, Haley uncorks a bottle and inhales a wisp of pink vapor, which unfortunately, turns her into a pink flamingo in purple overalls. This is when Geoffrey breaks down, admitting that he just bought the shop from Wesley the Magician, and he has no idea what the potions do. Desperate trial and error with mystical outcomes ends with an ALMOST perfect return to normal.

Upvote 0

J.D. Faver

Instructor
Feb 13, 2011
Texas. USA
www.junefaver.com
Title: Nellynob Needletoes
Genre: Middle Grade
Length: 3,546

Nellynob interacts with her friends and neighbors. All have different abilities and together their community is reciprocal, each member giving and receiving to meet the community needs. And yet, her friends take their talents for granted, wishing they had different abilities. Nellynob does her best to help her friends grow. A middle-grade with a message. Everyone has different talents and abilities.

Upvote 0

LisaLee3

scribbler
Oct 1, 2021

Pitch to Kortney Price, Ravenquill Literary Agency​

Pitch Rules:
  1. Please review the Pitch FAQ and Information Page for details
  2. Most agents and editors will request a Three-line pitch
  3. Your pitch must be:
    1. Three lines (sentences)
    2. Less than 100 words
    3. Be aligned with what the agent or editor requests.
We reserve the right to remove any pitches that do not comply with our rules.

Pitch here by REPLYING TO THIS POST from September 29 at 9AM EST to October 1 at 11:59PM
Title: HOMEMADE SNOW
Length: 300 words
Author: Lisa Lee Furness

Billie hopes for snow, but the weather doesn’t cooperate. And when she and her grandma craft some paper snowflakes, it's not like real snow, until Billie brainstorms a clever way to make it feel like it's snowing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

J.D. Faver

Instructor
Feb 13, 2011
Texas. USA
www.junefaver.com
Title: Stubborn Shoes
Length: 996

Cassie is sent to her room to reflect on her very stubborn behavior. She does not believe this applies to her. She throws herself across her bed, but when her mother calls her to supper, she finds that her shoes are rebelling and refuse to allow her to put them on her feet. She has quite a time trying to convince the stubborn shoes to cooperate.

Upvote 0

J.D. Faver

Instructor
Feb 13, 2011
Texas. USA
www.junefaver.com
Hi Kortney! I sincerely apologize for posting this glut of pitches. I'm so excited about this opportunity I shared it with all my friends. Please just shake your head & ignore me if my stories are not for you, but I appreciate your time & attention. I will leave you with the last of my tidbits. Sorry. ;)
3 lines/3 stories
Wind Song:
A middle grade about a girl, her horse and a tornado.
The Land of Me: This picture book celebrates everyone’s unique differences.
Weasel Woe: A Suess-like tale of two weasel brothers who encounter a measles-covered martin (art included)

Upvote 0

Aminator01

scribbler
Oct 1, 2021
Title: Dinosaur Adventure
Length: 504 words
Author: Amy LaPointe

When ten dinosaurs set their sights on a great adventure, nothing can stop them! Except, one gets tangled in tree branches, another stops for lunch, and yet another is distracted by a shadow-friend. Soon the dinosaurs are down to one, but when he shows up at the beach, he finds quite the surprise!

Upvote 0

kittooney

scribbler
Sep 29, 2021
New York
Title: Rat, Jack, and the Impossible Job
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy
Length: 71,000 words
Author: Camellia Phillips

After tentacled machines invade Earth, twelve-year-old swashbuckling spy Rat and her best friend, cautious inventor Jack, lead a crew of “sewer-smart” orphans. When their youngest crew member gets sick, they’ll barter anything to afford medicine, even something they don’t have: a valuable power source from the invaders’ fortress. Time for an epic heist!

Upvote 0

BeckyWalker

scribbler
Oct 1, 2021
Texas
Title: THE ROCK IN THE ROAD
Genre: PB Fiction (Wry humor)
Length: 486 words
Author: Becky Walker
Comps: A ROCK FROM THE SKY (wry humor) X I DON'T WANT TO BE A FROG (style) X ELEPHANT AND PIGGIE (character interaction)

When misfit forest animals find a massive ROCK IN THE ROAD blocking the trail to their homes, they must work together to figure out a way to get past it or risk being separated from their families forever. But when their solutions fail and they are left stranded on top of the boulder, they realize it's not easy to solve a problem when group dynamics are in play. Raccoon finally reveals how they missed the obvious solution.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

PRPalisch

Storyteller
Jul 16, 2018
Illinois
Title: ERIDU
Genre: YA Historical Fantasy
Length: 80,000
Author: PRPalisch

A demi-goddess is deceived into releasing the souls of an ancient race who swore vengeance on the gods and humans of Mesopotamia. She vows to recapture them, but first must make a deal with the queen of the underworld and convince a trickster god into helping her. If she fails many humans will die, she’ll rot in the underworld, and the human boy she loves will spend eternity in a dark pit.

Upvote 0
Title: March of the Porcupines
Genre: Middle-Grade Contemporary
Length: 44,000 words
Author: Mark Kennedy

Creed has 12 hours to pass a final, hand in a term paper, cure a sick teacher, and prevent Owen from stealing the class presidency, or he can never show his face in school again. However, the school thief, the uncompromising hall guard, and the class pranksters are not going to make it easy. Think a humorous “24” for the middle-grade audience.

Upvote 0

MkWrites

scribbler
Oct 1, 2021
Michigan
Title: Styx
Genre: YA Contemporary Fantasy (LGBTQA)
Length: 91,000
Author: Michelle Kulwicki

THE DARKNESS OUTSIDE US x THE INVISIBLE LIFE OF ADDIE LARUE

Zan was supposed to live and Bastian was supposed to die--both owe The Ferryman a debt neither has yet to pay.

Styx: Where one of them has to pass over.

Styx: The not-so-perfect place to fall in love.

Thank you so much for your consideration!

Upvote 0

jennimeade

scribbler
Oct 1, 2021
Maryland
  • Title: Living on a Prayer
  • Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy
  • Length: 95,000 words
  • Author: Jenni Meade

Killing a mob boss isn’t easy--killing one gifted with supernatural sight is even harder. And if that same boss is your dad... well, good luck.
Caspar St. Cyr has his own ghost-given gift of prophecy that could even up the odds, but it'll still take a miracle--and a crack team, while all he's got is the ghost possessing him, the hitman that killed his best friend, and the chaotic thief that they're all a little in love with.

Upvote 0

tmwriter724

scribbler
Mar 1, 2010
Title: Secret in the attic
Genre: Middle Grade Adventure/Fantasy
Length: 30,000 words
Author: Tara Manderino

Inserting himself into a game of field hockey might not be the brightest thing Ash had ever done, especially when it was taking place 4,000 years in the past, but he couldn’t help blurting out ‘score’ when the ball crossed the goal. It was all because of the fountain pen he found in the attic; the one with the ability to transport him and his siblings to different times and places. Learning the past first hand was interesting, as long as he could figure out how to get back home to the 21st Century. This is the first in a series of adventures for middle grade readers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Title: Shimine
Genre: Middle Grade Science Fiction
Length: 78,000
Author: Jennifer Lott

10-year-old Lisa chases her shiny cell phone to a world of shine-eating aliens who use portals to steal shiny objects from Earth. Scientists are trying to destroy alien portal technology, which would strand Lisa in the alien world. Becoming best friends with an alien girl sets her on a mission to educate the grownups: if she can prove that the aliens will take a few dollars’ worth of shiny trinkets over thousands in dull bills, maybe a tentative peace can begin.

Upvote 0

AimeeLauren

scribbler
Oct 29, 2020
New Zealand
Title: I'm The Bad Guy
Genre: YA queer speculative
Length: 99,000 words
Author: Aimee Lauren

Black Widow x Billie Eilish 'Bad Guy'

Being the villain = sass for days, enemies to lovers romance, everyone ALWAYS making a big deal if you shoot someone, gosh. Also, the girl you shot coming back to life and kickstarting your long-dead conscience. Shit.

Upvote 0