saf

Story Laureate
Aug 10, 2018
dubai
Hi guys
This is Sarfraz ...
Looking forward to become a better writer.

Reactions: 1 users
Tambra
Tambra
Welcome, Sarfraz!
There's lots of great information here and the best writers.

Tambra
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
lrdavis
lrdavis
Hi @saf or Sarfraz!
I am late to the welcome party. Not sure how I missed your post. But know that you are welcome! I can echo using Becky Martinez as a mentor guide to writing, period. Some of my best education came from the Six classes that Becky gave on Writing 101. I STILL use her characterization questions for my story bibles. I use the 40 plus questionnaire to give me a full accounting of my character. And even in a short story, it enhances the nuances of word choice to have fully developed a character in your head or on your notes. :D
While I am an avid Becky fan, I have been with Savvy since 2009--the first year I wrote something fictional. Most of what I have learned came from here. I was picked up for the lead short story in an Anthology ....because of what I learned here. Savvy has MANY WONDERFUL instructors. In the last 9 years, there was only ONE class that I ever felt could have given me more. I couldn't say that about my university days! LOL
And if you ask, some may be willing to mentor you privately for a fee. Their personal websites will often explain further.
Do jump in and join the upcoming Writer Conference online. Free for premium members and full of opportunities to interact with instructors and participants, so you can really get a sense of what is available.
I consider this the best value for the money!
Lyn
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Welcome aboard, Sarfraz. I hope that with the help of all the great instructors we have here you'll accomplish your goal. Feel free to look around and get acquainted.

Upvote 0
I know June Diehl mentors a number of writers. but writing short demands a specific skill set. Maybe @RJ Garside or @Dawn_McClure or @Sahara Roberts can think of someone off the top of their heads. At any rate, I'll check around and see what I can find out.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi Sarfraz!

Welcome! We are excited to be here and yep, I think that we are all trying to become better writers—at least I know that's one of my goals. Just when I think I figure out something and feel confident in it, I realize that there is even more that I can learn. :)

It looks like Dawn and the others have mentioned Becky Martinez. She is fabulous with new writers. She was actually the very first writing instructor that I ever had. She's a wonderful instructor and is very eager to help her students work through their writing woes. Dawn already posted the link,

If you are looking for a mentor, June Diehl is great too. She's a long-time mentor and has actually mentored an award-winning author right from SavvyAuthors. She only takes five students because she really focuses and personalizes all her mentoring on what each registrant is looking to gain out of her mentoring session. I know many members that have taken several of her mentoring programs because she really makes it all about what the writer wants to learn.

Please don't hesitate to email or message us if you have any questions.

Welcome to the community! :)

RJ

Upvote 0