Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Instructor
Premium Member
Going Indie
PITCHES ARE CLOSED  
*All times are in EST
Before posting your pitch, read the Official Savvy Authors Rules for Pitching. Then post your pitch in the comments section below. The Agent/Editor will read all pitches and notify SavvyAuthors of requests.
Pitch Type: 3 lines
Looking For: Mainstream single title romance in all sub-genres
(see blurb below for details)

Deb is Currently looking for:
Own Voices mainstream single title romance in all sub-genres: paranormal, historical, romantic suspense, contemporary, erotic romance with:

a protagonist the reader can relate to
a love interest she can fall in love with
a world into which the reader can escape
a hook we can sell in 2-3 sentences
a career arc that we can build for the author (in other words, this book begins a series or begins a career that we can build)

I’m also seeking Own Voices commercial women’s fiction with a...
Continue reading...

A

Ada M. Stone

Title Series: The Portal to Thenitiwan
Book: 1 of 6
The Gateway
46,000 words but can be longer when combine from book 2

A late teen girl passes through a portal that brought her to an ancient time called about 7,483 years before today called Thenitiwan. Joie pronounced Zhowe, the name of the Seventeen year old missed placed in a different era, befriends a warrior named Xuca who promised to return her home.In the midst of Joie's desperation to be back in 2009 Quebec, an undoubted romance began to brew between the warrior and the new comer that leads to love triangles and drama throughout her journey in the following books.

A

Ada M. Stone

Title Series: The Portal to Thenitiwan

My Author Info:
Female Author of Color (But words don't know Race or Gender, words come from thoughts in my opinion)

Series Info:
Book 2: Joie explores her new world and as a captive but protected by the traitor army to the main army of the land, wants to leave but learns of its near impossibility.
Book 3: Goes into the pasts of main character soldiers when they were first entering the main army before rebelling their goals to destroy the future times.
Book 4: A previous soldier of the main army of Thenitiwan, Keogx worked hard to gain status in the military but soon loses it to love and connection. Back to the present time in Thenitiwan where Joie is stranded in time. She eventually is let down tries to return home on her own leaving the safety of the rebel headquarters.
Book 5 - 6: Joie confronts her predicament but with a lot going on around her, she crumbled in many ways but held onto her goal though her fate was sealed as the host of the target spirit of the armies. She learned that she is the bridge between protecting time and its destruction, but at a heavy cost.

Self Published:
I self published book 1 and book 2 of the series on Lulu and Amazon. The rest of the books in the series are written and typed and themed but still waiting for publication and complete editing! Ready to get back to publishing them all.

Deb Werksman

scribbler
May 6, 2010
Hi Ada, thank you for pitching. A 17-year-old protagonist makes this YA--this pitch session is for adult romance fiction only.

A

Ada M. Stone

Though the girl protagonist is a High School Student about to graduate before entering the ancient world, once she does enter the portal, she is not by far the only main character and most are from 17 - adult. Other main characters are adults. Not heavy romance more mental. I could always change the age too if that is very important to the category. The nature of the book is I think adult. I don't think it falls into young adult because of drama. Please let me know if i am portrarying my work correctly and how I can. I often try to stretch it to meet YA categories but I don't think it falls there honestly. Many characters are adults.

A

Ada M. Stone

One of protagonists who is in her late teen grows older throughout the books.

A

Ada M. Stone

The Category is definitely from YA- Adult audience in that case.. The Books might have a few young adult content but is mostly adult in nature as I wrote it. Sorry that it was misleading. The story is mainly for adults in nature and for a mature audience but can fall into young adult no younger than 15 but mostly mature due to drama and the theme contents.

Monica Schroeder

Instructor
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2012
Subgenre: Contemporary Romance

Title: The Bisexual Book Club

Series Title: The Purple Prose Series

Book Pitch:
After hate forces Tilly to start over across the country, she finds acceptance in a quirky book club born from a wayward Pride parade. But she fears her new found friendships lost when she sends the Bisexual Book Club's beloved record to the wrong address. She decides the only way to keep her new friends is to retrieve the book. The plan is simple, but the man who intercepted it isn't ready to give up his own little piece of belonging just yet.

More about the series:
Jenny Fay, leader of the BiBC is a fraud. She’s never liked labels and when it comes down to it she’s never liked men much either. But stepping down is impossible when she is tasked with promoting the club to the uptight journalist who is dead set against them.

As the only male in the BiBC, Max Howard has always felt a little outside the group. Until membership gets national coverage and they are swarmed with new readers—his ex-girlfriend among them. Now his main source of stress relief feels like a battleground and he has to find a way to make the peace.

Author History:
I am a NYT and USAT bestselling author published with Simon and Schuster, Cleis Press, Decadent Romance, and Cobblestone Press. I am also independently published with over 20 titles and openly bisexual.

R

ReLynn Vaughn

TITLE: LOVE IN PROGRESS

GENRE: Adult Contemporary Romance with LGBTQ+ Elements

LENGTH: 87,000

AUTHOR: ReLynn Vaughn

SERIES TITLE: DRAFTING A HAPPY ENDING

BOOK HOOK: Bisexual author and widow Rachel is tired of living a tragedy. Taking a chance trip, she embarks on writing her own happy ending.

SERIES HOOK: ReLynn Vaughn's contemporary romance series features smart, driven bi and pan people in publishing trying to draft their own happy endings. Sometimes, revisions in life can totally change that plot!

PITCH: When her first relationship after her husband's death ends due to her partner's biphobia, author Rachel swears off dating. But when she meets youth center manager Michael while visiting friends in Ireland, sparks fly. But if she can't open up and come out to him, their happy ever after may up permanently shelved.

BOOK TWO: Pansexual agent Shelandra "Shelly" Harcourt barely has time to eat, let alone date. But when she steps up to cover for a sick colleague and meets reclusive author Molly Sullivan, Shelly finds her priorities changing.

Author Sales Info: ReLynn Vaughn has not yet been published.

tjmichaels

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2019
Hawaii
Series: Reflections of Magic
Title: Fire Song (Book 1 of 3)
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Romance
Length: 85,000
Author: T.J. Michaels

Pitch:
Before 'The Origin', the source of the Fae’s great power, could be destroyed by the unworthy, loyal stewards downloaded its blueprint into seven objects of lore.

The story was believed to be a simple myth about cool relics, but in truth these pieces of The Origin were quietly entrusted to human women and their heirs that possessed a touch of magick.

A half-fae in a human world, talented Benura Swain is a renowned blacksmith and weapons master, and when she finds herself the target of an icefire-breathing chimera and an elusive djinn, their spark brings a whole new meaning to the term, “forged in fire”.

Next books in series:
In book one, we learn of the seven Origin relics, a human/fae woman of color named Benura Swain, along with her guardian mage sidekick and Benura’s new mates (chimera and djinn).

In books two and three, Benura and company add to their entourage as we introduce the keepers of the remaining five relics and give them their own HEAs.

After ‘portal hopping’ between our modern realm and the fae home ‘verse, all of the relics are found and the series ends with the successful recreation of The Origin, the restoration of the degrading fae magick and the destruction of the no-longer-needed relics.

About the author:
I’m a NYT and USA Today bestselling hybrid #OwnVoices author published by Ellora’s Cave, Samhain Publishing and Pocket Books (Simon and Schuster). After receiving rights back from EC and Samhain, I independently republished those books. I have twenty-four published works, comprised of fourteen re-published and ten original self-published novels.

Last edited:

Deb Werksman

scribbler
May 6, 2010
Hi TJ, I think my colleague would want to see a full proposal on this project--please send it to [email protected] and tell her I suggested you do that from the Savvy Authors Own Voices pitch session. Thank you!

J

Jennifer Huey

Series Title: Accidents Happen
Title: Pinks and Pearls
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 80,000
Author: Jen Huey

Pitch: Thanks to a failed toy test and broken vajayjay, Madelyn Begay is forced to find a job to pay the bills--a job that leads to a run in with the man who came face to crotch with her in the ER. When a spark ignites between them, embarrassment is quickly replaced by insecurity, secrets, and a strict no fraternizing rule. It will take favorable tarot readings, ingenuity, and sacrifice to keep their relationship from being permanently axed.

Next books in series:
Books two and three center around the relationships of Ax and Maddy's best friends. Crash, aka Malik, finds the love of his life in the most unsuspecting way. An accident on his bike brings him face to face with a woman from his past he once refused to acknowledge. While Maddy's best friend, Elowen, finds love not with another woman like she'd always expected, but from a man who sweeps her off her feet, even though she wasn't the woman he was supposed to be meeting.

Bio:
I am a regulatory writer by day, reviewing and writing documents for a technical college. While that doesn't offer much in the way of exciting love stories, I have previously published erotic romance through Ellora's Cave, Liquid Silver Publishing, and Decadent Romance using a pen name. I've also been an agent intern and freelance editor. To pay it forward and help other authors with the editing and revision process, I helped co-found the weekly Twitter chat #RewriteItClub.

Deb Werksman

scribbler
May 6, 2010
Hi Jennifer, thank you very much for pitching. I'm afraid I'm not seeing the hook for this project--the first book sounds like it's supposed to be romantic comedy, but I don't see the connection between a "failed toy test and broken vajayjay" and "forced to find a job." The next two books don't sound like comedy at all. I don't see how to position this to sell, alas. I also don't see what the Own Voices element is, so if you do come up with a hook and pitch to me directly in the future, please include what that is. Thank you!

Elle Jackson

scribbler
Nov 5, 2018
Subgenre: Paranormal Romance
Series Title: The Rise of Living Vampires
Book 1: Queen V

Book Hook: A young painter desperate to find independence from her affluent southern family discovers she was born a vampire queen. Luckily, she has both the man of her dreams and her knight in shining armor fighting for her.

Series Hook: Dylan’s ascension to the thrown is fraught with a war between rogue and living vampires that could end the world, kidnappings, near genocide of the human race, and her internal battle to choose between the man of her dreams and her knight in shining armor. It is a journey of love and the courage to be who you are no matter what.

About the Author: Dana Jackson writes as Elle Jackson. She is an African American debut author.

Deb Werksman

scribbler
May 6, 2010
Hi Dana, thank you for pitching! Regretfully, I think it's tough to launch vampires these days--they had a very long run some years back, and a story would have to have really fresh, original hook to break out in today's marketplace.

N

Noreen

Title: Sana's Suitors
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 100,000
Author: Noreen

Pitch:
Sana's childhood sweetheart, Shahryar never fit her family's ideals of a good suitor. She's reluctantantly moved on, engaged to a crush her family approves. But Shahryar is back for a second chance. Problem is, Sana doesn't know it. And he's got to win her, without her family getting in the way.

Bio:
SANA’S SUITORS is an #ownvoices contemporary romance that should appeal to readers of Uzma Jalaluddin’s Ayesha at Last.
I am an environmental engineer, and a South Asian Muslim, who can speak from personal experience on many of the issues in this book.

Deb Werksman

scribbler
May 6, 2010
Hi Noreen, can you please send a full submission, including a pitch for each of the next two books in the series (new hero/heroine) in each book, and can you articulate a stronger hook for the series, please? I'm going to refer you to my colleague, so please send the submission directly to [email protected]

lesliedow

Site Monkey
Savvy Crew
Savvy Super Mod
Savvy Mod
Instructor
Premium Member
Going Indie
Pitches are closed!
thanks!