Connie Parrott

Premium Member
Oct 25, 2015
Houston, TX
BEFORE the end of civilization (pre-Savvy site update), we could print out our lesson discussions. It actually said "Print". Is that still possible?

I could only find the class because RJ kindly gave me a direct link (yes, being old and helpless sucks).

Connie Parrott

Mona
Mona
Hi Connie,

What I always do is highlight the post, right click, and select print. I must confess, I never noticed the print button.
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi Connie
We are working on a print option, but for now, we are relying on the mods to organize the class compilations and then distribute those which they do after each class. I expect that we will have a print thread option within a few months. It was one of the features that was not often used so we decided to go ahead with the upgrade and work on that later.

I know you are not happy with the upgrade and I am sorry for that. We had a lot of reasons we decided to do this much of it was due to the end of life of some of the infrastructure we use. Just like Microsoft and Apple refuse to support older system, web infrastructure is the same. Our new upgrade gives us higher security, compliance with the new privacy regulations, and more control of content to our users. It is also faster and works far better on phones and tablets. With any move, there are advantages and disadvantages. I simply could not allow Savvy to run on old, unsafe infrastructure anymore and so we took this opportunity to add some features that we think are pretty cool. But had we not done any of that, we would have still made the move. Hackers suck and they make the internet a pretty sketchy place sometimes.

I hope you will bear with us while we sort through the last few issues around this move, and I promise we will bring back ThreadPrint as soon as I find a developer to write it for these new forums. Umtil then, our great Mods will be creating compilations of all the classes as usual.

Thanks
Leslie

Reactions: 3 users
Connie Parrott
Connie Parrott
Thanks, Leslie! Almost a week since the Great Change. Happy to report the dust is settling, the rust and cobwebs in the old noggin are shaking loose, AND I have made PROGRESS. I can now find my classes on my own, and plans to ship me to the old folks' home have been placed on temporary hold. (They don't like feisty Seniors, either, so they're quite happy.)

Thanks,
Connie
Upvote 0
Upvote 0