Jun 26, 2014
Northwest Illinois
www.lesliedow.com
LinkedIn
lesliedow
Pinterest
leslieadow
Your step-by-step guide.

This is super simple. We have integrated the tool into the site so you can configure your setting in your Preferences pane. And you can access it directly here: https://savvyauthors.com/community/account/partner-matching

1) Navigate to your Preferences Panel.
You do this by clicking your icon on the top right of the window and choosing "Preferences"

1578915984199.png
Once in your Preferences Panel, scroll to the bottom and choose "Crit Partner Matching Options"
1578916071066.png

That will open to your options pane.

2) Once in the pane you can choose your options:

First, you need to OPT-IN. This just tells us that you plan to participate in the next round of matches.
Once you have opted-in you can decide if you want to be matched if a perfect match cannot be found. We have a lot of very specific genres and subgenres. It may be that we will not have a perfect match in some of them, but we might have someone who writes in a related genre. The SavvyCrew and our Match Director will do their best to find you the closest match. So, click this box if you want to have them hand-craft a match for you in the case our algorithm does not find a perfect match.
1578916974561.png

3) Choose your writing level.
We focus on your publication level since that can give a good sense of your expectations from a partner.

1578917167377.png

4) Lastly, choose your genre.
We're taking the 'more is better' approach to this to help us craft the very best match possible. Obviously, you will be automatically matched with someone who is a perfect genre and level match, but if that person has not opted in for the match round, then we manually craft the best match possible using this detailed information. Oh, and if we have missed your sub-genre, let us know! Just contact us!

5) Every two weeks or so we'll run the match tool and notify everyone who is opted in.
After that it's up to you! We have best practices in our FAQ. We do ask that you contact your matches and arrange a schedule that works for you. Since we run this every two weeks, we suggest that you try to complete the crits in two weeks. We've also opened a forum up for you to trade but how you trade pages is totally up to you! Lastly, we've posted our lessons from our Crit Partner Matching program and our Crit checklist which the participants in the classes have found helpful.

6) Crit Partner Feedback.
How do you know you have been matched with a good partner? We cannot guarantee that you have but we can help with the odds some. Therefore we are also launching the Critique Excellence Board (aka Leaderboard) so we can recognize critters who are just superb and you can see if you might be one of them! You can also click on their username and view their profile with information about what they write and a bit about them. From their profile you can see what books they have published, if they have ever taught here at SavvyAuthors, If they have blogged for us, and if they have recommended any service.

After each round, we will ask you to rank the quality of the crit. These are both used to assess if our program is not a good fit for that person and to give points for the Critique Excellence board. There is a lot more on that in the FAQ!

Still have questions? No problem, we are here to help! Just contact us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Leslie, my preferences end at "Log Out". There's no option to sign up for the crit exchange. I use a desktop w/ Windows 10 & Firefox browser. What should I do? Thanks, Giff

Leslie
Leslie
Oh! You need to click through to the Preferences Panel, it sounds like you may be at the initial menu that pops up when you click on your name in the top right. You can click on Preferences in that popup and then scroll down to the very bottom. The scrolling is dependant on where you are scrolling from because you can scroll the content in the editable box or the content on the left in the choice box. Be sure you are scrolling in the choice box.
but! Here is the direct link as well.
Thanks and let me know if this does not fix this. I have not heard with issues around firefox and windows 10, but then maybe I just have not heard about this! :)
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks, Leslie, I used the direct link. The "choice box" wasn't showing up as I view everything as a standard page size (8.5" x 11").

Reactions: 1 user
Leslie
Leslie
Really odd! I wonder if it is a scrolling issue. Let me know if you have other problems. And if you get a chance I would love a screenshot of this.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi, Leslie,

Here's a screenshot of what I usually see.

1579715589240.png

I think the problem is that there's no bar at the bottom of the window to tell me there's anything to the left or right. Or it might be covered up by that room/chat notice.

The columns on the left do show up on the "alerts" page, shown here:

1579715746589.png

But TBH, I've never noticed them on any other screen.

Have a good day! Giff

Upvote 0
Update:

Today, when I enter the SIG, it looks like this:

1579716258980.png

All that white space in the middle -- it's really difficult for me with my poor eyesight to find the info I need. Is there some way to get back to the full screen being the threads?

But I also see why we couldn't see our logo before & you could -- it's in that left column that was hidden.

G.

Upvote 0
Hi Giff,
What you see on the window is dependant on what part of the site you are in. Somne pages have content in a separate panel on the left and some do not. The image you show with the listing on the left is your preferences panel. Choosing from the links on the left determines what you see on the right in your preferences pane. The site collapses navigation when your screen size is below a certain threshold. You can always click on the "hamburger" in the top left of the screen. It's the three horizontal lines. (Screencap below)
1579748060071.png
Click on that and the main menu expands. Click it again and it collapses.

The last image from the Sigs is one view of the sigs. It's always been like that, there is content at the top of that page. If you click on any of the threads on the right, you will see that in a full page.

Let me know if any of this does not make sense,
Thanks
Leslie

Upvote 0
So I reduced my page size to what it was before I started expanding it for the partner match-up & things look like they used to, which is:

1579844790850.png

But the field for the "cover" seems to have changed sizes & our logo, which used to show up at the top of the page is still not showing up.

Can you tell me what the new cover dimensions are? Thanks, Giff

Leslie
Leslie
Hi Giff
So far as I know, the cover dimensions have not changed:
1579957670216.png

What does change is how your screen renders it based on the display and browser settings. But on our side, the SIG app has not changed this at all. I suspect that something on your side has changed. Often this can be done by a browsser or operating system upgrade.
Thanks
leslie
Upvote 0
Upvote 0