• Hi all! This is Mike Creuzer. I am currently working on a proper announcement, but wanted to make sure there was a notice posted that we are turning the ship around! Stay tuned!

From the Admins... What Classes Are You Interested In Seeing?

Hey everyone, we're looking at getting classes started up again and we wanted to get your thoughts on classes you'd like to see. Please let us know in the survey below!

Take a look at the Survey
I have a list of about 75 presenters and their subject from sessions in 2024 if you're interested in taking a look. High Quality.
Let me know if you want a look and I will send via e-mail.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Hey everyone, we're looking at getting classes started up again and we wanted to get your thoughts on classes you'd like to see. Please let us know in the survey below!

Would love to see Savannah Gilbo teach. She is a developmental editor and book coach who helps fiction authors write, edit, and publish stories that work.

Upvote 0
That's great news! Many thanks for continuing one of the best sites for writers out there! The SAVVY classes have always been varied and interesting. Maybe some more about Scrivener and Final Draft or other writing/screenwriting software? And more about ways to promote and get our work out there.

Upvote 0

Hi, Alex! I just got a message from someone who had been signed up for the Cozy Mystery workshop originally scheduled to start on September 9th. I told her that I hadn't heard that workshops would be running yet in September but that you were all going to attempt October to throw the virtual doors open. As it's officially now September, I have to admit I'm wondering the same thing in regard to when workshops will be back on board. Whether there would be an attempt made to put those originally scheduled back in their original slots. Not September ones, but those from October onwards. Posting to my social networks about my upcoming workshops has worked well in the past, but if there will be one in October, it's time to start the posting.

Just need to get all the ducks in a row left now. At least at my end of things. Looking forward to hearing from RJ and/or the new team.

Beth Daniels, aka a lot of other names!

Upvote 0
Also, classes on creating writer podcasts and websites would be helpful. :)

Reactions: 1 users
K
KC Cramer
Or, perhaps a SavvyAuthors podcast instead?
(wherein they might mention collaborators outside of SA who instruct on website how tos, podcasts, business creation, AI sites. etc. related to writing and the mechanics required to sell.)
I know many would be interested in those subjects, Barbara. I know publishers like their authors do be proactive in their sales of their books.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi, Alex! I just got a message from someone who had been signed up for the Cozy Mystery workshop originally scheduled to start on September 9th. I told her that I hadn't heard that workshops would be running yet in September but that you were all going to attempt October to throw the virtual doors open. As it's officially now September, I have to admit I'm wondering the same thing in regard to when workshops will be back on board. Whether there would be an attempt made to put those originally scheduled back in their original slots. Not September ones, but those from October onwards. Posting to my social networks about my upcoming workshops has worked well in the past, but if there will be one in October, it's time to start the posting.

Just need to get all the ducks in a row left now. At least at my end of things. Looking forward to hearing from RJ and/or the new team.

Beth Daniels, aka a lot of other names!
Thanks, Beth! I will be reaching out in the next day or two. We will be looking to get registrations open ASAP and start spreading the word. :)

Upvote 0
Would love to see Savannah Gilbo teach. She is a developmental editor and book coach who helps fiction authors write, edit, and publish stories that work.
Thanks, KC! I've reached out to you privately.

Upvote 0
Cozy Mystery, Mystery/ Thriller,Psycological Thriller, Screenwriting workshops, Writing Romance, Writing Romantic Suspense, Songwriting, Playwriting, Screenwriting, Writing a TV pilot
Thanks, @Melyssah! I've added them to my list.

Upvote 0
Hi @suze1cam!

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I'm not sure what type of historical fiction you write, but we actually have a historical mystery class starting in December. This is a new workshop from Beth Daniels.

Here's the direct link in case you are interested: Writing Historical Mystery with Beth Daniels.

RJ

Upvote 0