Are you cuddled up with a good book
Or even better… are you writing one?
It’s nearly the end of January, and many of you are still under a blanket of snow, even if you are in Texas! It’s already shaping up to be a crazy winter but never fear spring is right around the corner! Here at Savvy, we’re nose down into getting all the special events organized and posted. And of course getting ready for our February Sweetheart Pitchfest! To be clear, this is not just for Romance authors. We just love those little candies and can’t miss an opportunity to brand a February event with them. Pitchfest is open to all genres, and we have agents and editors looking for many different types and lengths of books. There’s more information on Pitchfest below.
**And one teensy errata: In the SavvyWeekly News last week, I wrote February Sweetheart Pitchfest was from the
12-14, it’s ACTUALLY from the 14-16 and this is what happens when Leslie writes before coffee. Bad Leslie, no cookie!**
Fantastic news from us and you!
- Congratulations go out to… Karen Wiesner. She’s just released the 8th (!!!) book in her An Adventures in Amethyst Series, which takes place in the small summer resort town of Amethyst, Wi. For Auld Lang Syne. tells the story of two of the locals, Clay and Harper, and how they find love and come home to Amethyst.
- Congratulations all of us! We’ve opened registration for our February classes and 2018 Special Events!
See your book on our front page & share your great news!
We LOVE to hear about your new releases! Did you know as a SavvyAuthors premium member you can showcase your new release on our front page? Shoot us an email with your username and your book information and we will add your to the front page for two weeks. Need more information? Email support @ SavvyAuthors.com
Do you have something amazing to share? Sold a book? Landed an agent? Got a new release? I’m going to shoot out these emails twice a month to you our incredible and talented SavvyAuthors members. I would ADORE being able to talk about your incredible achievements! Shoot me a line at News at SavvyAuthors.Com, and I’ll send you a shout-out in one of our next updates!
And a reminder, you can save $5 if you register at least one week before the start of the class.
A couple of tidbits from the SavvyBlog:
|We all know that newsletters can be a valuable part of any author’s promo strategy. But how do you keep those subscribers interested once you snag them? Check out these great tips from Lisa Siefert!|
|Lindsay has some interesting musings about the nature of great villains and why they can make or break a pitch. Recent trends in heroes can confound how you write your villains but remember, your hero is only as strong as the villain he or she vanquishes!|
And now….PitchFest Deets!
We’ve revamped our PitchPrep event and have the amazing and talented Kerri Nelson as PitchPrep instructor and head PitchWrangler. Kerri will help you get that pitch in shape and ready to pitch!
We offer a one week, directed mini-workshop to help you polish that pitch.
You will receive feedback from your peers and SavvyAuthors’ staff and our own SavvyAuthors Pitch Production Guidelines for you to use to polish ANY pitch! This year we are working with Kerri Nelson to make Pitch Prep even more amazing!
Are you ready for PITCHFEST?
We have a great selection of agents and editors who are looking for books just like yours!
How this whole Sweetheart Pitch thing works…
Check out the list of agents and editors, we are adding more every day!
And of course, we have classes!
Starting the Week of February 5
- Fictionalizing Your Holidays with Sally J. Walker ~ February 5 – March 4
- Cemetery Signs and Grave Sites with Jimmy Morris ~ February 5 – February 18
- Fiction Fundamentals with Samantha Bond ~ February 5 – March 18
- Writer’s Block with Irene S. Roth ~ February 5 – March 4
- Email Marketing: Creating Your First Book Funnel with Lisa London ~February 5 – March 4
- A Non-Techies Guide to Creating Book Covers using Free Software with Terri Main ~ February 5 – February 18
Starting the Week of February 12
- Crafting a Page Turner with Steve Shrott ~ February 12 – February 25
- Making Your Characters Real with Becky Martinez ~ February 12 – March 11
- Narrative Structure: using story arcs to create a satisfying reader experience with Romy Sommer ~ February 12 – March 11
- Emergency Preparedness with Kathryn Jane ~ February 12 – March 11
Starting the Week of February 19
- Novel Writing 101 : Populating your Story with Terri Main ~ February 19 – March 4
- Book Factory: Producing Multiple Novels in One Year with editor and author Kerri Nelson ~ February 19 – March 18
- MENTORING PROGRAM: Master the Mystery with Traci Andrighetti ~February 19 – May 6
- Worldbuilding for All Genres with Lisa Kessler ~ February 19 – March 18
Starting the Week of February 26
- How to Write a Novel in 90 Days with L.C. Hayden ~ February 26 – March 11
- The Hero’s Journey—Simplified with Cassiel Knight ~ February 26 – April 8
- Dynamic Dialogue with Allie Pleiter ~ February 26 – March 25
- Self-Editing: Best practices and processes for fiction writers with Editor Marci Clark ~ February 26 – March 11
Thanks for reading and see you around the site!
Leslie Dow, SavvyAuthors’ Site Director
- The site director and owner of SavvyAuthors.com where she sits behind the curtain most days turning interweb knobs and twisting network dials.
- A complete and total slacker-writer who, if she does not get off her laurels and WRITE, is going to be flayed by the very talented writers who keep SavvyAuthors going.
- A rabid hiker who, when not on the trail, pours over the REI catalog, Sierra Trading Post website, and tries to justify buying more gear to shave another 1/2 ounce off her base pack weight.
- A medical device consultant who, when not hiking or thinking about hiking, occasionally works helping companies bring exceptionally cool and useful medical devices to market.
- A biology and chemistry Adjunct Professor at SouthMountain Community College. GO COUGARS!
- An enthusiastic grandmother of the two cutest babies on the planet!!!!
OK, I’m out..time to sort the latest crisis is to afflict SavvyAuthors ;-).