Sourcebooks OwnVoices / Diverse Romance Pitchfest!Sourcebooks and SavvyAuthors team up to celebrate diversity and uncover great OwnVoices Romances!
Wednesday May 8, 9AM EST to Friday May 10, 11:59PM
Sourcebooks – an independent vision
For us, it means a passion for books and a dedication to the belief that books change lives. It means innovative publishing, where every book is personal and every author’s voice has a place. And it means not being afraid to say “I don’t know” and forging a new path when we have to.
How this whole Pitchfest thing works…
- You post your three-line (less than 250 word) pitch as a comment on our blog
- Nope, no registration is required.
- Nope, you do not have to be a SavvyAuthors member. (But it is free…)
- BUT! A valid email address is required to pitch (We’ll send you email about the event and maybe a follow up to see if you sold a manuscript).
- Lastly, please review the Pitch Rules before pitching.
- And remember, any pitches longer than 250 words will be removed and we’ll request a revision!
Subscribe to the Weekly News!
Get weekly updates on new classes and events and a special IndieCafe' weekly update!
Heading to 2019 RWA in New York or BookLoversCon in New Orleans this year?
Sourcebooks Casablanca editors would like to invite Authors of Color, LGBTQIA+, and Own Voices/Diverse romance authors to set up private one-on-one meetings at BookLovers Con, RWA Nationals, or any other regional conference we are attending. We will be available to listen, share what we know, kick around ideas, and help interested authors hone their hook, pitch, and submission package.
Sourcebooks editors Deb Werksman, Mary Altman, and Cat Clyne will all be taking appointments. Please email us directly (contact below) and we’ll set one up with you. Visit http://bit.ly/sbsubguidelines to see our Romance submission guidelines and http://bit.ly/casaeditors for our editor profiles.
Deb Werksman ([email protected])
Mary Altman ([email protected])
Cat Clyne ([email protected])
Deb Werksman, Editor, Sourcebooks
Currently looking for:
Authors of Color, LGBTQIA+, and Own Voices/Diverse romance
- Single title only, please (80-100,000 words)
- Contemporary romance, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, historical romance
- Visit http://bit.ly/sbsubguidelines to see our Romance submission guidelines
Pitch should include:
- Subgenre, book title, series title
- The series hook and book hook
- 2-3 sentence pitch
- 1-2 sentences about the next 2 books in the series
- Author sales history (are you debut, hybrid, self-published, commercially published, and how many books published?)
Deb Werksman has been at Sourcebooks for the past twenty years, before which she had her own publishing company. She is the editorial director of romance fiction and acquires single title romance in all subgenres. Sourcebooks publishes 6-8 romance titles per month, in print and ebook formats simultaneously. We are the country’s largest woman-owned independent publishing house. We’re known for our sales and marketing, as well as our focus on building authors’ careers.