Teach for SavvyAuthors
Savvy Authors is looking for a few great instructors, presenters, and educators
This year our members have asked for craft workshops with clearly actionable content such as:
- Plotting, character arc, story structure, Hero/Heroine’s journey, beat sheet
- GMC, conflict, character creation, crafting heroes, internal wounds
- Writing elements such as scene and sequel, description, deep point of view
- Self-editing best practices and processes
This year our members are less interested in general interest, marketing, and business.
- We’re still looking for great workshops on these topics, but there will be a limited number of spots available.
- It’s critical that all classes on this material provide practical information with a clear application to selling books.
Send your Proposal Now!
We are open to a range of teaching styles including forum and chat based mixtures. Our workshops are conducted in an online forum with private chatrooms. We also encourage the use of video and other media in our classes.
We are accepting proposals for workshops of all lengths including 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks, and 3 to 5-day intensives on a tightly focused topic and longer mentoring programs. Our workshops and classes are open to anyone regardless of membership level. Our stipend structure is based on a split of the class fees. Savvy Authors is open to considering first-time workshop presenters.
We provide a class roster and detailed accounting. Our stipend is 50% of fees plus a yearly membership valued at $40. If you are willing to teach the class only for us, we will happily pay you 60% and give you additional promotion and advertising. We prefer workshops that haven’t been presented online in the last 12 months and ask that if you teach for us you not present the class anywhere else for three months.
Check out our new infographic on How to Develop a Great Workshop!